Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coming Back

1. armychica06

Coming Back

Advertisements
    OK- we had a family take that kitty yesterday which I was really happy about. But now I am hearing from my daughter that they want to give him back because he went ca ca in the tub and not in the litter box....

I don't want him back but I don't know if I am obligated to take him.... What do you think I should do?
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    That's tough, but I don't think you are obligated to take him back. I think it would be good if they keep him for a few days to see how it works out. He just went poo in the tub.. that's not a big deal. It'll take a little bit to get him used to the box. If they try to give him back see if they will give it a week and if it's not working out then you could try to find a home together or they could take it to the shelter or petco or some adoption agency like that

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    You're not obligated to take him back. They accepted that cat of their own free will. And frankly they should be thankful that it was the tub and not somewhere else. Its not your job to litter train the little fellow. He just needs time to figure out where he is and where the litter box is. (And this is coming from a kitty mommy.)

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnysGirl View Post
    That's tough, but I don't think you are obligated to take him back. I think it would be good if they keep him for a few days to see how it works out. He just went poo in the tub.. that's not a big deal. It'll take a little bit to get him used to the box. If they try to give him back see if they will give it a week and if it's not working out then you could try to find a home together or they could take it to the shelter or petco or some adoption agency like that
  5. armychica06
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfspawprint View Post
    You're not obligated to take him back. They accepted that cat of their own free will. And frankly they should be thankful that it was the tub and not somewhere else. Its not your job to litter train the little fellow. He just needs time to figure out where he is and where the litter box is. (And this is coming from a kitty mommy.)
    See he knows how to use the litter box- he did while he was in my house. I think it is an adjustment but I whole heartly agree with you