Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peeing cat?

1. Senior Member

peeing cat?

Advertisements
    My cat is peeing all over the house. I don't know why or how to get him to stop. Do you think its because things have been all topsy tervy for him with the move? Hes not suppost to be here and we have brand new carpet. You can imagine how much Im freaking out here.

Since hes peed in several different spots can anyone tell me how to get it out of the carpet so A) we don't get fined and B) its doesn't smell.

I don't want to give him away but hes got to go if he doesn't stop. Im keeping him in my bedroom for the next few days or even weeks if need be. his litter box is in my bathroom along with his food. I don't understand what his problem is. He even peed in my room this morning less than 10 feet from his box. I clean his box every 2-3 days.

HELP
  2. Senior Member
    You can use a steam cleaner, they have stuff especially for pet odor. I've found that if you put some liquid laundry detergent in the steam cleaner, that helps too. If you don't have a steam cleaner, mix some laundry detergent in some water and you can scrub it out.
    When we first got our cats, we had to lock them in the room with their litter box, food and water. They would poop in the box, but not pee. It took them about a week to figure out they were supposed to pee in there too.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    has the food always been in the same room as the potty box? i know with my cats, they will NOT go in the potty box if thier food is in the same room. good luck with the smell. i have never been able to get the smell out of carpet.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Like Donna said.....cats usually don't like when there food is anywhere near the litter box.
  5. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Ok- cheapest, easiest, best option would be my self discovered carpet, linen all material purpose cleaner - TOOTHPASTE! It cleans blood, pee, anything out of the carpet. Use abit of toothpaste, add a little water and scrub it for a half a minute.. itll come out and the smell will go.

With him moving it may have well thrown him off his senses abit.

1. don't have food anywhere near his litter.

see if that works...

2. always keep the litter clean - he is probably misguided right now and everything is aggrivating him so just keep it clean so that atleast keeps him happy.

3. if it continues- take him to the vet because he may have a urine tract infection (my cat had one and the only symptom was her pissing everywhere)

Goodluck!!
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

6. Crystal
    Take him to the vet. Mine had a UTI along with being diabetic. I also think my cat had seperation anxiety so I have left the tv or radio for him. That has helped also. I would say yours isn't as bad. Has he started to drink more water? There is something called Urine BeGone and Nature's Miracle. I have liked both.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    wanted to add.... i just dealt with urine issues with Saint. the vet said that when cats are stressed, they are more prone to a virus. it's not a uti though and just has to run it's course. that is what we thought was wrong with Saint at first. then his urinalysis came back and he had crystals in his urine.

i have used everything under the sun to get rid of the smell. maybe i am just sensitive to it, but nothing worked for me.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    Ok- cheapest, easiest, best option would be my self discovered carpet, linen all material purpose cleaner - TOOTHPASTE! It cleans blood, pee, anything out of the carpet. Use abit of toothpaste, add a little water and scrub it for a half a minute.. itll come out and the smell will go.
    Toothpaste??! That's awesome! I'm gonna have to try that! Thanks!
  9. Cherrish
    Cats usually act out like that in response to stress...I've never discovered anything to get the smell out of the carpet. Cat urine is, like, pure amonia, which is why it's so strong.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast