Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: a dog's jump for joy?

1. Senior Member

a dog's jump for joy?

Advertisements
    I told my dog I had a bone for her so she started jumping and then turning in circles..usually she just starts lickin her chops and immediately sits. I guess she was just overly excited for one tonight.

She's sucha dork, I just wanted to share with everyone!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my dog does that every single time. he also does what we call a "rottie" beg where he just starts barking really deep begging for us to give it to him lol
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    buddy doesn't jump for a treat, but he'll sit, shake, lie down, roll over, and dance on his hind legs. but mia jumps up to my head! and gives "high fives"

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    buddy doesn't jump for a treat, but he'll sit, shake, lie down, roll over, and dance on his hind legs. but mia jumps up to my head! and gives "high fives"
    how did you get mia to give you a high five?? mine will do it accidently when we're playing, but I haven't been able to get her to do it on command yet..
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *MiSSuS AyErS* View Post
    how did you get mia to give you a high five?? mine will do it accidently when we're playing, but I haven't been able to get her to do it on command yet..
    mia is my neighbor's dog. we've just watching her and her 'sister' for 6 weeks. (i think only 2-3 more weeks to go!) anyway, i have no idea how they got her to do it.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    mia is my neighbor's dog. we've just watching her and her 'sister' for 6 weeks. (i think only 2-3 more weeks to go!) anyway, i have no idea how they got her to do it.
    well poo, that's pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to get her to do on command. We got her in July and she was 10 months, hadn't been trained at all, so I work with her all the time. My DH did get her to do a vertical jump thru the window of our SUV, without scratching anything!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *MiSSuS AyErS* View Post
    well poo, that's pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to get her to do on command. We got her in July and she was 10 months, hadn't been trained at all, so I work with her all the time. My DH did get her to do a vertical jump thru the window of our SUV, without scratching anything!

impressive!

buddy was 3 when we got him, and he was so badly behaved! oh god i almost wanted to take him back to the humane society! but we took him to a $65 obiedence class, and he was the oldest dog there! none of the others were even a year yet, and he was the best in his class! he's such a smart little boy.