Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pet Soul Mates

1. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

Pet Soul Mates

Advertisements
    And I'm not talking about my cats!

Do you think there are animals out there that you are destined to have?

I think I had my dog "soul mate"...

Her name was Molly McGee. She was a collie/husky mix and just about the best damn dog there ever lived. If you ever need to see me cry instantly, ask me about being with her when she died...

I'm still just as devestated about putting her down as I was 7 years ago.

I just don't know if there will ever be another dog like that for me.

What about you guys?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    And I'm not talking about my cats!

Do you think there are animals out there that you are destined to have?

I think I had my dog "soul mate"...

Her name was Molly McGee. She was a collie/husky mix and just about the best damn dog there ever lived. If you ever need to see me cry instantly, ask me about being with her when she died...

I'm still just as devestated about putting her down as I was 7 years ago.

I just don't know if there will ever be another dog like that for me.

What about you guys?
    I feel the EXACT same way about my cat, Scout. She passed away last year, and seriously, just looking at her picture or remembering finding her makes me crazy and just cry!

My dad kicked me out of my house and I got her right after that, and she was with me for the roughest years of my life, providing unconditional love. I don't know why her life was cut short, but I definitely think there was a reason I picked her out. She decide which orders we picked, so maybe that's why!

But to answer your question, yes, I think there is. I love all the cats I have now (including one of her sons) but there will never be an animal that close to my heart again!
  3. Angelina
    Yes I do. My cat Shawnee came to me after she was almost half dead from someone abusing her. Then three years ago she got hit by a car. We saw it and she ran away. We looked for her and looked for her. We thought she was dead. 12 hours later she came home. She was in bad shape. I was pregnant and laid her in the baby's crib to have her heal. Than scared to death that she would get use to it. She was in the crib for two weeks mending. After that, she never went into the crib again but she is so very close to Americus now.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah I feel that way. Animals have personalitys and such as well and sometimes you just click BIGTIME. Sometimes you do not. SO I definatly think there can be 1 animal in your life that meant the most and that you bonded with the most
  5. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    My dad is a cop and found Molly in the middle of rush hour traffic on a busy highway when she was about 8 weeks old.

She rode around with him in the squad car all night. He brought her home in the morning and told my mom, "we need to talk..." My mom freaked. She thought he was going to leave her. At the time I was 5 and she was 7 months pregnant with my sister. But then Molly came bouncing around the corner and my dad said, "No, we need to talk about *that*."

I miss my dog.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my Buddy is definitly my pet soul mate. he follows me everywhere i go in the house. he knows when i just need to cuddle, and he knows when it's time to play. he was a pain in the butt when we first got him, but we took him to a 6 week obidence class, and he is just an angel now! i don't think i could ask for a better dog than Buddy!

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  7. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    I believe that it is trur! I had a Min Pin named Lucy. I got her when I moved into my first apartment. My hubby (BF then) had bought her for me for Valentines day! SHe was a rust color! She was my best friend when my hubby went to boot camp! She was my rock when I was so down and alone! She was there when I was super scared when 9-11 hit. I LOVED her so much! I would give her ice cream sundaes with whip cream and all! And she could eat chocolate! When I first got her I had left a huge heart of chocolate on the couch (wasnt use to having a dog yet!) Well I thought she would die because she ate about 30 pieces of chocolate! I think it made her immune! She was an awesome dog! When my daughter was born she would sit right next to anyone holding my daughter! Like if you make her cry so help you GOd!!!!! Well she died last year when I was 4 months prego! It killed me! She died on May 13th 2005 (Friday the 13th! )
  8. Senior Member
    Yes! My dog Rocco is definately mine! I LOVE my other dog too, but I dunno....there is a bond with Rocco and me. Sounds stupid I know, but its true