Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: remembering "daddy"

1. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine

remembering "daddy"

Advertisements
    Hi I have a question my husband is about to come home from a six month deployment. I have two doggys who have missed him very much but my femail Snikers does not like change. She had a fit when her daddy left and now if ANYTHING in the house changes she FLIPS. I brought a sutecase in the house and she has peed 4 times in one day. Well... with her daddy coming home I am scared she will not recognize him *never mind that she is scared of men* and will flip. Besides the fact that she will probably pee for a few days in the house which I don't care about I can lysol I am worried about if he will be hurt if she does not recognize him. What should I do?
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Dogs are funny.. they can remember things and especially important people. I would bring him in the house and keep her in a safe room or kennel or something and let him get his scent on things again and then let her out once he's got everything in side and you two are in again and see how she does! If he's already in the house she will consider it less of a threat and probably recognize him faster that way. The lab at my parents house that we have won't let men in the front door, but if we bring them in the garage door she is ok. That's the safe door, the friend door so try something along those lines! Good luck!!! I'm sure she'll be REALLY excited to see him!!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    Or maybe let the pup go to him out in front of the house...well, just an idea. I have no clue really. good luck!
  4. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Thanks!! I know that he is going to have to be in the back yard to see Troubble beucase Troubble is going to pee everywhere from excitment!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  5. ImaLuckyWife
    Welp, you know how Bubba is! Everytime my husband would leave for sea trials, he knew when he was coming home, cause id be cleaning and hed be goin potty in tha house....drove me up tha wall lol so we will see if he does it this time! I still cant say Daddy he goes lookin for him, and cries and barks...cause say is home either lol I cant wait to see Bubba with my husband...hes really filled out a lot, and when i send him pictures of Bub he cant get over it! Bub has been really good with change...with the move and the baby here now!! Im so proud of him...alright im done goin on n on about Bub i could do it forever!
  6. PvtWinkiesgirl
    First off, dogs never forget people. And I mean NEVER. She may be stressed or confused as to why this person is back, but they do not forget. Trust me on this.

If she seems stressed or scared, do NOT baby her. Coddling makes it worse. Treat her normally, don't make a fuss over her. Put a leash on her and have him take her for a walk, play with her, give her a cookie or two. Dogs always, always feed off your behavior and stress level. Try to be as normal as possible and things should go back to the way they were before eventually. Be patient.

BF's dog Azrael has gone PSYCHO since he left for basic, has annihilated every cage I put him in, completely torn up his face. I just leave him loose in the basement now when I'm gone. He's adjusting slowly. You just gotta give em time.
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    pets always remember people. I think it's in a voice. We had a parrot growing up and there have been times when I moved out and i hadn't seen her in YEARS, but she never forgot me & always loves to see me. She can tell it's me as soon as she hears me say hi to my mom...it's weird. She's like that with my brother too and hardly EVER sees him.
    Sorry I don't know much about dogs, but I'd assume they can be the same way. Good luck!
  8. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

my girl growled at him at first until he spoke then she knew who he was immediatly. she went up to kiss him right away. so i am sorry i am not much help, let us know how it goes