Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about female dogs

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

question about female dogs

Advertisements
    we have our neighbor's dogs for the next 6 weeks or so, and their great dane is in heat. or at least she's bleeding...anyone know how long the bleeding will last? i hate having her stuck in her kennel until she's done bleeding, but i really don't want it all over my house.

TIA

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. Senior Member
    Gidget bled for about 1-2 weeks, I am not sure of the exact time because she is a tiny little chihuahua so we really couldn't tell much. You can actually buy pads and diapers for them...they are called bitches britches
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Senior Member
    I have not heard of those before.
    blinkies by Britt
  4. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Our dog is in heat right now and she usually bleeds for about 2 weeks...and she gets an awful smell to her as well, that's how we tell she's in heat before she actually starts bleeding (when she gets that smell about 2 days later she starts bleeding). We keep her in her kennel or out on the patio until she's done, cause it's gross.
  5. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Gidget bled for about 1-2 weeks, I am not sure of the exact time because she is a tiny little chihuahua so we really couldn't tell much. You can actually buy pads and diapers for them...they are called bitches britches
    Haha, our dog chewed hers off....we can't get them on her.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    geez, well, on top of the great dane being in heat, both her and the wiermerner have fleas! so now i'm afraid my buddy is gonna get them! so we bathed both of them with flea shampoo, and now i'm gonna shave buddy and bathe him too! so my night tonight is batheing dogs and laundry!

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  7. Cherrish
    My sister's dog is ususally in heat for about 3-4 weeks...the bleeding usually starts about a week after she goes into heat.
    If my mom chooses to bring the dog in the house, she can't come into the living room (the only place that has carpet).
  8. Photographer in Southern CA
    Photographer in Southern CA
    Blog Entries

our dogs were about 3 weeks.
  9. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Snikers bleed for 3weeks and 2 days. The best thing that I have found is to buy dipers. You can use regular light pads *like the ones that us girls use* and just change them out on a regular bases. If you just spray her down every night the smell really is not bad at all. I could not smell Snikers. Plus the diper kept Troubble from being able to get her!!!
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  10. Jen
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    ♥ my wify navygirl8407
    Blog Entries
    i tried to do the pads/diapers thing and she just tore the thing right off. it was kinda funny to watch lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast