Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micro Chipping????

1. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries

Micro Chipping????

Advertisements
    Has anyone had their pets Micro Chipped? I took Scamp to the vet the other day because he got in a fight and had a cut on his ear that was infected. Anyway, the vet had mentioned Micro Chipping because he is an indoor/outdoor cat.

My little Loves!
  2. Senior Member
    We got the cats done when we moved on base. I was told that we had to have all pets that lived on base micro chipped. It took 1 hour just to get one of the cats done, we had to hold him down with leather gloves and towels and everything. He was not too happy.
  3. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by instant_oatmeal View Post
    We got the cats done when we moved on base. I was told that we had to have all pets that lived on base micro chipped. It took 1 hour just to get one of the cats done, we had to hold him down with leather gloves and towels and everything. He was not too happy.
    The vet made YOU hold him down???? That sucks. I don't know that I could hold him down for that. The vet assistant is wonderful with the cats, and can easily maneuver them, much better than I can.

My little Loves!
  4. Senior Member
    There was no vet assistant that day...it was only the vet. Yeah it was awful. I almost cried. He hated me for a few days.
  5. Single and Lovin' it!
    Single and Lovin' it!
    my cats are chipped too, but my vet sedated mine to do it...I have to say, you have/had a sucky vet to have to put your animals through that!
    We wont buy, while cats and dogs die.
    Save a life...get a shelter animal.

YUM...
  6. Senior Member
    I agree
  7. Banned
    Banned
    All of our animals are microchipped, except for the new babies. Their new owners can do that.
    It actually makes them a little sick, because it is a foreign body in their body, so their systems try to reject it.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. If they got lost or hurt, they could be traced back to me.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All of our pets are chipped. I've never heard of having to hold them down. It's injected with a needle just like a shot would be. Took no more than half a minute for any of our pets, cost $25 and not more pain than a shot for them. In return, when they run away and are found they can be returned to you easily (as long as you keep your address updated in their system)
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  9. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    Our cat came microchipped since we got him from the Hawaiian Humane Society and they chip all the dogs and cats that they adopt out. We definately had our dog done, especially since he's a purebred. I think microchipping is one of the best things to happen for pet owners.

It was very simple with the dog, just a needle that injected it. I of course wasn't there when they did the cat.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    my dog is microchipped. It cost about 30 bucks at Petco and was quick and painless. they placed it in the back of his neck. He didn't even flinch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast