Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benadryl for dogs??

1. Cher

Benadryl for dogs??

Advertisements
    Something is wrong with my dog. She has this dime size area where her fur is gone and it's really swollen. I can't really say what it is, but because it's so swollen I called the vet. They told me to give her two 25mg of adult benadryl for a day and see what happens with the area, but I'm nervous about giving it to her. Has anyone ever given their dogs benadryl before? I'm sure it'll be fine because the vet told me to do it, but I'm still just nervous about it.
  2. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    OH YEAH!! She'll be fine! We had to give our pug benadryl because she's allergic to beef and scratches and scratches and scratches all day! Just give her one and she'll be a little tired and mopey all day, but it should help her!! You can give her one before bed as well! It won't hurt her one bit!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The vet told me to make sure that you give smal pups childrens benedryl, but if your vet told you that then it must be right. I think as long as it is 25mg it should be okay.
  4. Cher
    Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better

Sidney is around 50 pounds. Do you think the two 25mg is too much for her? Should I just give her one?
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I have given our dog benadryl before & he was just fine-Its ok sweety-don't worry
  6. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher View Post
    Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better

Sidney is around 50 pounds. Do you think the two 25mg is too much for her? Should I just give her one?
    Our dog was only about 11-12 lbs on the one so the two should be fine!!! She'll just be sleepy and cuddly! use the opportunity to cuddle up with her on the couch or something!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  7. Cher
    Hehe... I've been known to be a worry wart at times. It does make me feel better to know that others have done it. I guess I worry because it's new to me. Thank you
  8. Cher
    I just went to see if we had any benadryl in the house and we don't. I called Russ to bring some home, but that won't be for another hour or two I hope she's not too uncomfortable until then. She seems to be okay for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysGirl View Post
    Our dog was only about 11-12 lbs on the one so the two should be fine!!! She'll just be sleepy and cuddly! use the opportunity to cuddle up with her on the couch or something!
    I definitely will

Thank you again for the help
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah two should be fine!
  10. Senior Member
    we have always given our dogs people medicine, like benadryl, antiobiotics, or anti-inflammatory.

If you dog ever gets what looks like ringworm..dont' spend all the money on the vet bill.. go to walmart and get some foot anti fungal cream or spray...for athletes foot...it will get rid of them, the spray works great!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast