Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 3 babies

1. Banned
    Banned

The 3 babies

Advertisements
    are so tiny, Im guessing maybe 3 weeks.... They have tiny tiny teeth on the top.... So we went and got kitty formula, and bottles and were all ready to do the mommy thing..... Britt also informed me I have to help em poop..... Great!!! Im going to go heplp them now, and will post pics in a while.
  2. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

That was the same reaction I had when my neighbor (a vet tech) told me I had to help Peewee. We made sure our next kitten could poop on her own.
  3. achicnsocal
    Aww babies .. I've never heard of having to help them poop though
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by achicnsocal View Post
    Aww babies .. I've never heard of having to help them poop though
    with our first cat, he was so young that we had to "clean" his butt for him till he learned that he needed to it. we just took a wet paper towel to his rear when he was done. i made sure that our next cats already knew how to do that!!! LOL
  5. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

By nature, momcats lick the "back end" of their babies to stimulate the bowels and bladder on a regular basis. If you are the babies' new momcat, guess who gets this duty! After each feeding, gently rub the kitten on its low abdomen, as well as the genitals and rectum, with a cotton ball, cotton pad, or tissues moistened with warm water. Make sure you rub only enough to get them to eliminate; overstimulation will irritate the area. Keep an eye out for chafing and lingering dirt.

Kittens should (and almost always will) urinate during each stimulation. They should defecate at least once a day. One trick is to slowly count to 60 while you're stimulating a kitten; at that point, you'll know if they're done or if something's on its way out!

When kittens get to be about four weeks old, they are usually ready to experience the wonderful world of litterboxes (and you'll be liberated from stimulation duty!). After each meal, put the kitten in the box and see what transpires. If they don't get it right away, try taking its paw and showing it how to scratch in the litter. They'll catch on before you know it!
  6. achicnsocal
    Wow I never knew that and I grew up on a freakin farm

I've seen mama cats do that to their babies but just figured they were doing their "mama duties"
  7. christymichelle
    take some pics heidi!!
  8. Banned
    Banned
    I took some pics, but they are not very good. I will attempt again after work.
  9. christymichelle
    OK
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I remember Britt's reaction when she had to do it after getting Peewee
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast