Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously?

1. Senior Member

Seriously?

Advertisements
    Last edited by Jenna; 01-04-2010 at 12:13 AM.
  2. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    I think it probably is the move. Maybe he's nervous? If Meesha was still pooping in the house I would definitely crate her at night.

3. I Love My Puppy
    I Love My Puppy
    I would never make my dog sleep in a crate, but thats just me.
    If my dog were to start doing that I would put her out for hours if need be...she will evenyually go, then I would let her in...put her out in another hour or so wait as long as it takes and then let her in...thats just how I would do it...my dog and I have an understanding though, lol.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am the wrong one to ask about crates because I don't believe in them but potty training can take some serious patience. Sometimes it can take walking him out side for extended periods of time before he goes and what not. There is a reason why he is not wanting to go where he is being taken. Try different places. Also, sometimes taking him out, bringing him back in, taking him out again and repeating the process can work as well. Our puppy was potty trained in a week because I was taking him out very very regularly to go to the bathroom.
  5. Senior Member
    Crates are absolutely wonderful training tools if used properly. Both my fur kids are crate trained, Farley is now 5 months and NEVER goes potty inside. I would crate him at night or when you are not home, even if you are home but can't watch him 100% of the time to avoid any unwanted accidents. You may have to "re-train" him as far as going potty. Sometimes stress can reverse the training you have done.

Crates are not evil, they are not cruel and the dogs actually like the "den" atmosphere of a crate if they are used properly.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Moving can be tough. My lu dog is very partiuclar about what she potties on and where she potties. For her, its gotta be grass unless she's about to burst.

My only other suggestion woyld be to find a potty spot and put some of his #2 there. That may help him realize its his spot.
  7. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Sometimes it helps to get them moving. So take him for a little walk and see if that helps him to poop.
  8. Senior Member
    crate training works really well . My puppy never goes in the house anymore, and she used to all the time when we first got her a month ago. Its not wrong to crate your dog if you do it in the correct way. My parents always crate trained all of their dogs.
    Never use the crate as a punishment. Soon enough the dog will want to be in the crate because they view it as their own safe spot. They will know not to go potty there because it is their sleeping area.
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Crates are absolutely wonderful training tools if used properly. Both my fur kids are crate trained, Farley is now 5 months and NEVER goes potty inside. I would crate him at night or when you are not home, even if you are home but can't watch him 100% of the time to avoid any unwanted accidents. You may have to "re-train" him as far as going potty. Sometimes stress can reverse the training you have done.

Crates are not evil, they are not cruel and the dogs actually like the "den" atmosphere of a crate if they are used properly.
    all but my big dog is crate trained only because 1 we don't have a big enough crate and 2 she is a very well trained dog when it comes to being in the house.
    I also agree with maybe taking him for a walk so he can go.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast