Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst mom ever.

1. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries

Worst mom ever.

Advertisements
    I adopted a dog a couple weeks ago and took her to get spayed yesterday. Today I picked her up from the vet and brought her home. They didn't give her any pain medicine (I'm not sure if that's the norm or not?) and she's very tired and whimpering in her sleep. Well, a few minutes ago she was stirring and trying to stand up. I figured she probably needed to go outside to tink, so I went to help her up and she let out the biggest cry of pain I have ever heard I didn't even come close to touching the incision on her tummy, but I guess she just hurts all over. Then she wouldn't even come to me or look at me for a few minutes cause I hurt her I feel like the worst dog mom in the world

2. Senior Member
    Aww honey... I know what you mean! When I got my little Rina spayed, she looked at me like I was the devil because I was the one who dropped her off and her daddy (DB) was the one who picked her up from the bad place. You did what is best for her by getting her spayed. Just spoil her like crazy for a few days... that's what we did..
    Are you a parent? Ask me how you can help out with my thesis!!
  3. Senior Member
    I would call the vet back or go in there again. They should have given you some kind of pain medicine and then also antibiotic.
    Call them
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Awww poor baby! It's not your fault at all. I'm surprised they didn't give you any pain meds for her.
  5. England Rocks.
    England Rocks.
    Give her some baby tylenol and call the vet to tell them she's having a lot of pain and ask if they will give her something.
  6. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Webby View Post
    Aww honey... I know what you mean! When I got my little Rina spayed, she looked at me like I was the devil because I was the one who dropped her off and her daddy (DB) was the one who picked her up from the bad place. You did what is best for her by getting her spayed. Just spoil her like crazy for a few days... that's what we did..
    awww... don't you hate being the mean parent?

Quote Originally Posted by miamoa2002 View Post
    I would call the vet back or go in there again. They should have given you some kind of pain medicine and then also antibiotic.
    Call them
    i was wondering about an antibiotic too. i'm definitely going to call tomorrow. i thought that was so odd not to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steff Bo Beff View Post
    Awww poor baby! It's not your fault at all. I'm surprised they didn't give you any pain meds for her.
    yup me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoniebolonie View Post
    Give her some baby tylenol and call the vet to tell them she's having a lot of pain and ask if they will give her something.
    good idea. thank you!

7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    You might want to call them about getting pain meds. I know when I got my kitties spayed and neutered they gave me pain meds for both (male and female). They told me the female would definitely need it since it was a major surgery, but the male might be ok without it.
    yeah. i think that is so unusual and i'm getting more and more concerned with everyone saying she should have gotten some poor baby. i am definitely calling in the morning.

8. Senior Member
    Please don't beat yourself up. First, you are not a bad dog Mom and you only had her best interest at heart. I give my dog baby aspirin. But I would recommend checking with your vet first. I would even call and tell them she is having a difficult time and see if they have any suggestions.

I have been in a similar situation just recently. Where I was actually the worst dog Mom in the world. My dog had surgery do have a bone removed from her stomach. I went to pick her up and she could barely walk so they put her on a stretcher and put her in my car. They told me it was probably just the meds and to bring her back in the next morning if she wasn't better. We brought her home, made her a bed on the floor, got her all comfortable and resting and then left for a short time. When we got home it appeared she was having trouble breathing but we calmed her down and she seemed fine. Until the next morning (about 3am) when she had to potty. She stumbled (falling over every step) to the outside and pooed a little on the way (she could not help it) went outside and went potty and laid in down in the snow and would not get up. So we carried her back inside and waited for the vet to open. We tried to give pain meds but she would not eat or drink anything. We took her in the next morning thinking I was just over reacting but I wanted to have her double check. Well, thank god I did. They called me at 3:00 that afternoon and said they were sorry they didn’t call earlier but she fought like heck to die and they tired like heck all day to save her. She had gone in to shock and dang near died. I was driving and nearly drove off the road, I could not believe what I was hearing. I thought they had the wrong dog or something. They said if I had not brought her back in. I would have had a dead dog on my hands. I spent the next two days taking her to Pet Emergency at night and then picking her up and taking her back to the vet during the day. The first night she came home she slept on the floor next to the bed and every 10 minutes I shined a flash light on her to make sure everything was okay. She spent a week at the vet during the day so they could monitor her and it was 4 days before she was even “out of the woods”. So, don’t worry, the worst dog Mom award has already been awarded this year. I still feel so bad for her and for not knowing she was in trouble. This was early February and every time we are at the vet (which is about every 4 weeks due to allergies) they get all excited that the “Miracle Dog” is on the schedule.

I hope you baby feels better soon.
  9. ALICIA- DH: You are the reason I will always think rational
    ALICIA- DH: You are the reason I will always think rational
    Waiting on it- Hubbies on Infantry Corp Training
    give her a little water with some sugar in it...its kinda like a candy to a child...gives them some energy and 'makes' them feel better...poor doggy..def ring your vet

NO TICKER NEEDED...HE'S HOME!!!

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoniebolonie View Post
    DO NOT ever give your dog Tylenol....it's toxic!!!

Just because they did not send you home with pain meds is not a guarantee she did not get any. Please speak to your vet. They also do not always give antibiotics for a spay unless the dog had an infection. A routine spay does not require them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast