Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Rabbits

1. Senior Member

Rabbits

Advertisements
    I have a question. I hope some of you Rabbit owners can answer for me.I adopted two rabbits from Petco a few months ago.And When I cleaned there cage today.And put them back in there cage.I noticed that Cocoa was humping Snowflake my other rabbit.They share a cage.It's been years since I've had rabbits.And I don't remember how to tell if there male or female. TIA

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ahhhh I'm sorry I don't know how to tell the difference either. I also adopted 2 bunnies from petco a couple of years ago. They were supposedly sisters.....but they ended up not being sisters One got pregnant and we didn't even know until she had the babies (that did not turn out well ). We ended up getting the male fixed.
  3. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    if you put pressure on both sides of their hooey and a thing pops out its a boy. If nothing, its probably a girl kinda like popping a zit but push more down instead of together.

good luck!
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    if you put pressure on both sides of their hooey and a thing pops out its a boy. If nothing, its probably a girl kinda like popping a zit but push more down instead of together.

good luck!
    Thanks.I will try that.I really hope there not male and female.But today is the first time I saw this happening.Unless its happened before.And I didn't notice.If she is female.I really hope she didn't get pregnant.I have enough pets as it is. LOL

5. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    I had two males and they humped on each other. They were babies though so they probably didn't know what they were doing.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Petco didn't tell you if they were male or female?

Were they already bonded when you adopted them, or were they separate? If they were already bonded, it's likely that they've already been spayed and neutered.

Did you buy them or actually adopt? If you adopted, then the humane society that was attached to their adoption should have spayed and neutered them before adopting, most do.

Petco should have given you ALL that information when you adopted, including information about the vet check-up, as well as whether they have been spayed or neutered. I HIGHLY recommend taking them to a vet for a check-up as a new bunny parent ASAP, to make sure that they have a clean bill of health, and the vet will be able to give you all the necessary information. keep in mind that rabbits MUST go to an exotics vet, so look up the closest in your area. Bunnies need some special care and testing, the testing of their poop at the minimum, for any parasites, etc. It is also highly recommended they be spayed or neutered if they aren't already because rabbits are known to have A LOT more health issues if they are not, and have shorter lifespans.

I don't know how to tell if they are male or female, but check out this website, it's a great resource you can get great information from .

http://www.rabbit.org/
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I adopted my pair from Petco (but I am pretty sure it was humane society that had them there) and they were not fixed and I was told they were both female. They definitely were not
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If you're not experienced sexing rabbits it can be difficult to tell them apart. My fam always raised rabbits but I wasn't as in to them as I was other things.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    Petco didn't tell you if they were male or female?

Were they already bonded when you adopted them, or were they separate? If they were already bonded, it's likely that they've already been spayed and neutered.

Did you buy them or actually adopt? If you adopted, then the humane society that was attached to their adoption should have spayed and neutered them before adopting, most do.

Petco should have given you ALL that information when you adopted, including information about the vet check-up, as well as whether they have been spayed or neutered. I HIGHLY recommend taking them to a vet for a check-up as a new bunny parent ASAP, to make sure that they have a clean bill of health, and the vet will be able to give you all the necessary information. keep in mind that rabbits MUST go to an exotics vet, so look up the closest in your area. Bunnies need some special care and testing, the testing of their poop at the minimum, for any parasites, etc. It is also highly recommended they be spayed or neutered if they aren't already because rabbits are known to have A LOT more health issues if they are not, and have shorter lifespans.

I don't know how to tell if they are male or female, but check out this website, it's a great resource you can get great information from .

http://www.rabbit.org/
    I filled out the papers.And gave them the name of my vet.. And gave a donation to petco. When I ask the manager.He said he wasen't sure if they were male or female.Yes they were in the same cage at petco.The manager said someone called and ask could they bring them in.And he said they could So im sure the previous owner kept them together.So l am pretty sure they've bonded.

I already know Rabbits have to go to exotic vets.I have had rabbits before.But it was when I was younger.My vet specializes in rabbits.