Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She is sitting in her crate....

1. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!

She is sitting in her crate....

Advertisements
    ...crying and it's killing me!!!

But this is the only way to get her to understand she needs to go potty outside!!! I took them both out around 5pm and Jimmy went but Lily didn't so I put her back in her crate. Now she is crying.

I wish she would just go outside!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know how you feel! That's how we potty trained our puppy.. We also had to make him sleep in there because he kept peeing the bed I cried like a baby the first few nights because I felt so bad!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

It sucks I Know

Walks help encourage my dog to pee. 5-10 min walk
  4. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Are you punishing her in the crate for not peeing outside?

5. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    I dont crate train but I didnt think you were supposed to use it for punishment. Maybe I'm not understanding what you said

yes a quick walk around the block will empty their bladder and do wonders for your calves especially when you do it 6 times a day. That was the only way we could get our adopted dog to go. She was leash trained
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    Are you punishing her in the crate for not peeing outside?
    That form of crate training isn't punishment, it's VERY effective. If they don't go outside you bring them in, put them in the crate and then bring them back out in a little bit. It works for dogs that are holding it until they get back in the house and then are going on the floor in the house right away after you come in. Small dogs are famous for it. That's how I trained mine and she loves her crate.

I also don't agree that it's bad to use the crate as punnishment though. If my dogs are acting up they get sent to the crate and they still like their crate just fine. They go and relax in it on their own and go to it without hesitation when we are leaving the house or at bed time.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    That form of crate training isn't punishment, it's VERY effective. If they don't go outside you bring them in, put them in the crate and then bring them back out in a little bit. It works for dogs that are holding it until they get back in the house and then are going on the floor in the house right away after you come in. Small dogs are famous for it. That's how I trained mine and she loves her crate.

I also don't agree that it's bad to use the crate as punnishment though. If my dogs are acting up they get sent to the crate and they still like their crate just fine. They go and relax in it on their own and go to it without hesitation when we are leaving the house or at bed time.
    I do the same. I don't use it as punishment, but the thing is that they won't mess in their own "environment." The crate is like a den for a dog. This keeps them from going until you take them back out. While it seems cruel, it's not. It just teaches them that they need to control their function. They can learn to.

My dog is 10 mos. old and VERY well crate trained. I just moved his crate to the living room and I'm surprised that he goes in there on his own...I had it in the bedroom before, I suppose he just didn't want to be in there alone during the day. He seems to like relaxing in it. Now I wish I'd have done that for him a long time ago. He still sleeps in the crate, just in the living room. I've never been able to get him to stay out from under my bed in the night...I don't mind the crating since he likes it though.
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

Yeah I think I misunderstood her post. I thought she was saying she was using the crate as punishment that the dog didn't go outside for her.

9. Love Me, Love My Dog
    Love Me, Love My Dog
    Blog Entries

this is how I set up potty training schedules for my clients and after she goes potty they get to be out of the crate. Something that could also help you is attatching a small light leash to her and watch her while she is out of her crate so if she DOES attempt to potty in the house your more likely to see a leash going around the corner then just the pup! That way you can catch her in the act and take her out right away. I've had dogs potty trained in a week with this method! Also don't forget to grab treats on the way out the door and reward as soon as she squats to potty!

I got wifeys
    SOS WIFEY TO SNARPHBLAT, CHELS, SAMANTHA, & SOS MISTRESS TO SAMSET

10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by kristinBcute View Post
    this is how I set up potty training schedules for my clients and after she goes potty they get to be out of the crate. Something that could also help you is attatching a small light leash to her and watch her while she is out of her crate so if she DOES attempt to potty in the house your more likely to see a leash going around the corner then just the pup! That way you can catch her in the act and take her out right away. I've had dogs potty trained in a week with this method! Also don't forget to grab treats on the way out the door and reward as soon as she squats to potty!

I've never trained with treats I do it all on praise
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast