Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I think my cat is pregnant

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think my cat is pregnant

Advertisements
    Well here it goes....

I know I am a bad mommy for not getting my cats fixed( we just have not had the time or money. Especially the time part. Yeah excuses excuses I know).

Anyways her tummy is very round, her nipples are pink and the last time she was in heat didnt last long at all.

MY male kitty whom I thought was no where near ready to have sex( didnt think he was old enough ). Got ahold of her while she was in heat a few weeks ago. Actually probably over a month ago now that I think about it.

SOOOO needless to say we are probably going to have babies if I guessed right. And I AM going to take her to the vet as soon as I can get an appt.

But for now is there ANYTHING special I need to be doing for her? Different food? Anything?

Thanks for the advice and tips.

** please do not get onto me about needing to get my pets spayed and neutered. It was just not feesable at the time nor was I able to get off work in the am to take them. Anyways please dont scold me. I alraedy know better thank you.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i googled. here's some info. http://cats.about.com/cs/pregnancybi...nancybirth.htm

you could have kittens in another month.

as for spaying & neutering, look for a low cost clinic or "spay day" in your area.
  3. Senior Member
    Well...it's too late to scold you now, you know what needs to be done.

However, you are now going to be hit with the expenses of raising a litter of kittens. Unless she is not that far along and you can choose to terminate the pregnancy and fix her. Get your male neutered as well unless you want him to start spraying, if he has not already. You should do this NOW while she is pregnant unless you plan on having another set of kittens. Check your local shelter, they have spay/neuter clinics all the time.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Well...it's too late to scold you now, you know what needs to be done.

However, you are now going to be hit with the expenses of raising a litter of kittens. Unless she is not that far along and you can choose to terminate the pregnancy and fix her. Get your male neutered as well unless you want him to start spraying, if he has not already. You should do this NOW while she is pregnant unless you plan on having another set of kittens. Check your local shelter, they have spay/neuter clinics all the time.
    ditto on that. it WILL happen again if you don't get them spayed/neutered. there is no way to keep them separated. they're like lil ticking time bombs.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yes he will be getting fixed asap.

Yes I know that it will cost to raise a litter.

Yes I know that and fully understand that and accept that.

I just want to get thru the next several weeks with a healthy cat! That is my MAIN objective right now.
  6. Senior Member
    Put her on kitten food, she needs the extra fat and calories if she is really pregnant. You need to make a whelping box, but don't be surprised if she has the kittens someplace hidden, most cats do. She needs to stay INSIDE only. Normal gestation is about 65 days, she is "pinking" so it's a clear sign she is pregnant. She needs to go to the vet to make sure she is healthy and able to even have the kittens. Be prepared to stay up all night and feed those babies every two hours if she rejects them. You need to put away a lot of money for this. You now facing the possibility of a birth complication, C-Section, spaying, shots for all the kittens, kitten complications, possible bottle feeding etc.