Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cat box in the garage?

1. Senior Member

Cat box in the garage?

Advertisements
    Does anyone here have their cat box in the garage? How does that work out for you?

I really want to move ours out there. I'm worried the cat will run out the garage door when we open it though. when the weather is bad I always put my car in the garage. Once in awhile he manages to get out there and will always pee somewhere or poo on something so I know he has no issue going out there.

Right now the litter box is in the laundry room. Our laundry room is in what would normally be the master bathroom. I'm sick of always having cat litter tracked onto the carpet. I'm sick of stepping on cat littler every time I need to do laundry. Short of sweeping it several times a day theres no way to control the tracking. If it were in the garage it wouldn't be a big deal.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    yes= sorta- we cut a hole in the laundry room wall that connects to the garage- DH then built a large wooded box and affixed it to the wall where the hole is- framed out the hole- put a lift door so I can clean it - but the cats cannot roam in the garage-