Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So apparently...............

1. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

Giggle So apparently...............

Advertisements
    Priscilla is in heat.

I had an idea that she was in heat, because I opened up the door and found two fat tom cats sitting on my porch.

However, last night she started displaying signs.

I didn't know WTF was wrong with her. I've never had a cat go into heat before, I usually get them spayed, but we've been so broke, I've just been putting it off.

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW >because I was one of them!< ....

She started making these cooing noises last night. I was worried she didn't feel well.

Then DJ and I got up to go to bed... and we found her with her upper body lowered to the ground, hind-end up in the air, tail off to the side, wiggling her butt at Peewee.

Peewee was like because he was neutered when he was 5 months old. Then Peekaboo walked by to check out what was going on (she heard the baby making noises) and the baby did the same thing to her. Then DJ sat down on the ground and scratched the top of her head, and she still kept doing it.

I was laughing so hard, I almost peed myself. We sat on the ground with her for about 20 minutes and just watched.

She seems normal today. Every so often she makes a little coo noise, but she's not yeowling, or shoving her butt at anyone. Does that mean it's over? Could it come back again tonight?

I just have no experience with this and don't know what to expect.

I read online it could last for 19 days. But usually just 6 days.
  2. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    Aw crap, spoke too soon? She just did 4 yeowl/meows in a row. She's not a vocal cat.
  3. I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    I Check PerezHilton Before CNN
    Aww! That sounds funny!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

a word of warning, they are very very very good about getting loose or the tom cats getting in to them so be VERY careful!

have you looked into options for low cost spays in your area? usually humane societies have a program of some sort. i just recomended it to former db's sis for her doggy.
  5. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    dog goes week for heat turned mean towards other dogs blood icky
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My kitty Cleo was in heat last month for probably 2 weeks. NOT FUN!!! I wanted to rip my hair out with her whining! She is scheduled to get fixed very soon.
  7. wishin
    wishin
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  8. Live&Learn
    Live&Learn
    Yep. I've seen a cat in heat doing the exact things you are mentioning. Don't remember how long it lasted though. I don't think it was very long. A couple of days, maybe.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    mari's lasted about 3-4 days. she would put her butt up to vengeance, but he would try to get jiggy with her and then he got mad when he realized he had no more balls.

she wasn't too bad when she was in heat, but my best friend's cat moomoo was terrible. she would NOT shut up. also mari never got loose when she was in heat, and we never had any "visitors" but we were very careful.
  10. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    I called and found out I can get a ticket, and take her to a vet near my house. I was waiting until I got paid next Friday, and hoping.

The butt wiggle seems to have ceased, but the come-hither calls have started.

And she looooooooooves us right now.

I guess it's a good thing we live in a 90 year old house with windows that are temporarily painted shut from the outside, and we only go in and out of one door. There's really no other way for her to get out.