Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The green eye boogers are back

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

The green eye boogers are back

Advertisements
    http://militarysos.com/forum/showthr...=304077&page=2

Well, after 5 days of treatment, like the vet suggested, they went away and I thought everything was back to normal. Well I woke up this morning and Meesha was her same old self, running at me to say hi, and then I saw a big nasty green one in her eye

Looks like I need to go back to the vet tomorrow. I'm bummed it's sunday. I'm the kind that would take her in right away, but now I gotta wait.

Good vibes it's nothing serious? The vet said it was a mini infection, but now I'm wondering why the drops didn't work

2. Member
    i know with my kitten, she got the eye boogers and the vet told me to use the drops for 2 weeks even if her eyes get better. The infection can spring back.
  3. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by athenapink View Post
    i know with my kitten, she got the eye boogers and the vet told me to use the drops for 2 weeks even if her eyes get better. The infection can spring back.

See my vet didn't tell me that. She told me to put 5 drops in her eye a day, for a week. Her eye got better the next day, but I still did it for a week. Now a week after that week was up, they are back! Grrr. I hope they give me something different when we go tomorrow.

4. Member
    Yeah I forgot to say that with the drops you have to do it like 5 times a day because their tears wash away the medicine so quickly. did you wash her bedding? They can get reinfected so easily by things in their environment that they may have rubbed their faces on.
    But yeah 1 drop 5 times a day for 2 weeks and wash the bedding or anything else they may have had contact with their face
  5. Member
    You could ask for the ointment, its a little messy but I think it works alot better IMO
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Good idea I didn't think about cleaning her bed. She doesn't sleep on it so much, but it's worth a shot.

7. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    I used to work at a dog daycare/boarding place, and it was fairly common for the green eye booger thing to show up. It's an infection of some sort. I think 'infection' sounds scary, but it's not that big of a deal. You may not even need an RX to clear it up.

My dog started with the green eye boogies a few weeks ago. I bought a bottle of Animals Apawthecary Eye & Nose Drops. It cleared up his boogers in 1 day. No visit to the vet necessary [http://www.animalessentials.com]
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    The thing is though I used RX eye drops for a week, it totally cleared up, then a week later came back. So if an RX med couldn't clear it up, maybe I need a different one?

9. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    Hmm I don't know... I don't always feel that RX is the way to go, but thats just me Especially if it's going to save me money and a trip to the vet, I try to go the natural route first.
  10. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    It might be triggered by an allergen.. perhaps something new is in bloom that is irritating to your dog. Is this your first spring together?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast