Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: RIP Mobear

1. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries

RIP Mobear

Advertisements
    I just found out today that my family's dog Mo Bear passed away today. My little brother (who's 21) found her today down next to our creek. She's 1/2 golden lab, 1/4 chow, and 1/4 shepherd. She looked like a black lab with a curly tail and a spotted tongue. We got her as a puppy when I was in middle school soon after my mother was severely burned and helped her heal by giving her some thing to take care of and work through every thing day to day. The vet where we got her named her Molasses (cause the way her fur looked when the sun touched it). We all decided Molasses is just not something you can name your dog.. so we called her Mo.. except my Uncle married a Maureen who shortens her name to Mo.. lol so we had to change it or say Mo and have a dog and my Aunt look.. whoops! So I came up with adding Bear on the end.. so she was Mo Bear.. and a really good dog. My dad used to get down on the floor with her and wrestle.

We knew it was getting close.. she was having issues climbing the stairs and all the normal issues of getting old. She waited until no one was home or near by and she went down to the creek by herself and passed away.

I know I'm really sad and everyone else that knew her is.. but I know she's in a better place now cause she's not itching (she had a skin condition no one could seem to help) and she's not in pain (joints) anymore, but it's still sad. She was a very good dog. Thanks for letting me get it out.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    That's so sad! I'm sorry!
  3. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Aw at least she was down at the creek--its peaceful there.
  4. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies.. yes that's what I said.. I used to love being down by the creek.. it's nice and cool and so peaceful there.
  5. Member
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    I'm sorry We lost our family dog (black lab) a little over 2 years ago and there isn't a day that I don't think about him. It's very hard at first, but I promise the day will come where you will just look at pics and smile instead of cry

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm so sorry, that's tough