Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your pet beg for food?

1. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.

Does your pet beg for food?

Advertisements
    I just got an orange from the kitchen and this little guy (featured below) comes running out of DB's mom's room and chases me down the hallway. TO EAT AN ORANGE. Mind you, he's so picky he won't even eat it, but it's the concept of the matter I guess. He thinks I should give him food because I have it. That all being said, Does/do your pet/pets beg for food? How the heck do you get them to stop? I don't even feed him people food and he does this to me all the time, then walks away all dejected and looking like this when I tell him no. I feel HORRIBLE.

Proud Wifey to OliveJuice, Aura612 & Battle Buddy to JessicaRocca
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Our dog doesn't anymore. He usually just wanders off. It's probably because whenever we had food we would tell him "cage" and he would go into his cage and sit there until we were done eating whatever, then we would tell him he can come out. I guess he got the hint, so he'll just go play with his toys now.
  3. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgrl982 View Post
    Our dog doesn't anymore. He usually just wanders off. It's probably because whenever we had food we would tell him "cage" and he would go into his cage and sit there until we were done eating whatever, then we would tell him he can come out. I guess he got the hint, so he'll just go play with his toys now.
    Your dog is adorable. I want a bulldog or a boxer sooo bad. I'll have to tell DB's mom about the "cage" thing. They have a chocolate lab along with the Chi and she doesn't listen to anything. She'll plop her behind right in front of you (so that you can't miss her) when your eating.

If I'd have had steak.. that'd have been one thing, but I had an orange. Heck, I'd beg for steak right now, that sounds SO good.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberLu View Post
    Your dog is adorable. I want a bulldog or a boxer sooo bad. I'll have to tell DB's mom about the "cage" thing. They have a chocolate lab along with the Chi and she doesn't listen to anything. She'll plop her behind right in front of you (so that you can't miss her) when your eating.

If I'd have had steak.. that'd have been one thing, but I had an orange. Heck, I'd beg for steak right now, that sounds SO good.
    Thanks! Omg I love boxers, they are so adorable!

When we were teaching him the "cage" thing, we would pick him up and put him in there and give him a treat. Then eventually we would have a treat ready and point to the cage and say it, then when he got in we would give it to him. It's all about baby steps and treats!

Steak sounds soo nice right about now! I think it's hilarious when dog's beg over food that they don't even like!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    She tries, but we don't ever give her any. It's funny. We just tell her to get down (we eat on the couch) and she gets. But she'll sit there and stare at us the whole time
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes! My Rat does She is always begging for food. My dog doesn't really though.....when we eat he knows to go to his bed.
  7. Do NOT follow me... I walk into WALLS.
    It's nuts. We can tell them "OUT" and the don't even listen. But yet, you can say "Cookie" and they run for the kitchen. I'm starting to think they have selective hearing. Honestly, they are spoiled rotten, I know this... thing is, DB's dad can say it, and they listen, DB's mom and I try and they look at us like we are insane. -I- don't even feed them and they do it to me.

8. Married to my hero!
    Married to my hero!
    My chi does the same thing... he comes running when he hears the fridge open... we just tell him to go lay down and he eventually will... but he'll still stare at you haha... i think its funny!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberLu View Post
    It's nuts. We can tell them "OUT" and the don't even listen. But yet, you can say "Cookie" and they run for the kitchen. I'm starting to think they have selective hearing. Honestly, they are spoiled rotten, I know this... thing is, DB's dad can say it, and they listen, DB's mom and I try and they look at us like we are insane. -I- don't even feed them and they do it to me.
    I know exactly what you mean. I think they only listen to the "dominate" person. My dog ignores my sometimes, but he will always listen when DH says something.
  10. Senior Member

Like this.

It's hard to resist.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast