Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: puking cat

1. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

Sad puking cat

Advertisements
    gigi keeps puking everywhere
    she doesn't appear to be sick at all. she's still acting normal. but i'm tired of cleaning it up every day and staining the carpet.

we switched her from free-feeding to just twice a day. could this cause the puking? maybe she's gorging? we haven't changed her food or anything else around the house. not to be gross, but sometimes the puke is chunky, like she didn't even chew, and sometimes it's all liquid. there aren't any foreign objects in it. some hair, but not quite a hair-ball.

if she's not acting sick, do we need to take her to the vet? last time, it cost us $270 and she got over it by herself a couple days later (for potty problems).
  2. Senior Member
    That's weird!
    My cats would do that when we would switch their food.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm having the same problem. I think that chevy is gorging because he gets fed twice a day. The last time he vomited it looked like it had barely been regurgitated. (Then Mao came along and started eating it, which promptly made me Gross!)
  4. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by VerucaSalt View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I think that chevy is gorging because he gets fed twice a day. The last time he vomited it looked like it had barely been regurgitated. (Then Mao came along and started eating it, which promptly made me Gross!)
    ew!!! charlie goes up to it and motions like he's trying to bury it (like in the litter). except it doesn't quite work on the carpet but it's cute cause he's trying to clean up after her.

but anyway, so you think eating too much too fast is causing her to puke....?

we could go back to free feeding, but the vet said she was fat and the extra weight was causing her potty problems. we can't win either way
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That is cute! I think it is down to gorging. I leave out dry food for grazing during the day but because there's two of them he seems to want to wolf everything down as fast as possible to prevent the other from eating it. I've tried all kinds of tricks, from feeding them in different rooms to feeding them smaller amounts. Mao doesn't have the same problem but she likes to nibble a bit every so often - she doesn't eat it all at once (so chevy gets her food too! )
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Try dabbing some vaseling on her nose. Shell lick it off. Thatll take care of a hair ball. That always solved my cat's puking problems.
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    Try dabbing some vaseling on her nose. Shell lick it off. Thatll take care of a hair ball. That always solved my cat's puking problems.
    interesting!