Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help with pet insurance

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Help with pet insurance

Advertisements
    I'm filing my first ever claim, and I want to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal here. We had Scarlet's back dew claws removed when she got fixed. They were detached and barely hanging there.. I think I could have pulled them off myself if I tried.

I never actually met with the vet before her surgery. So he never really diagnosed them as being a hazard, but they are and he agreed after the fact that it was a good idea to remove them. I don't want to put false info on things. You don't think I'd be making a fraudulent claim but including that diagnosis/procedure do you? I doubt they'll even cover that part... so I'm not sure why I'm worried.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i guess it depends on the wording of your insurance policy. if it says it doesn't cover a cosmetic surgery, that is one thing. however, if you vet agrees it was best for them to be surgically removed before they got torn off on their own, then you should be fine. i'd give you vet a call & ask their opinion.
  3. Senior Member
    The only thing you can do is put it on the claim and see if they pay it. Alot of times if there is a question about a procedure the insurance company will call the vet's office for the Dr's notes.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the responses ladies. Fingers crossed it'll be covered.