Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Snugglebutt Success!!

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

Snugglebutt Success!!

Advertisements
    Enkei came home with us in December to be a friend to Dori. But alas, even though Dori loved him when they met at the House Rabbit Society, she became a territorial biotch when we got home LOL! So for months I've been trying to get them bonded and to the point where they wouldn't try to kill each other, haah! Not really, they did get into a fight once tho, like a real rumble with fur flying all over the place and Enkei bitting Dori's butt and not wanting to let go ! That was a little scary , But after much time, we are finally having success!

As of this weekend Dori and Enkei can run around the apartment together happily, they groom each other, they snuggle, and they even run in and out of each others cages ! In the morning I can go and open both of their doors now without having to put up a barrier between them, and they happily run around the living room, play and groom each other, and hop around doing their own thing. Its funny, turns out that Dori is starved for Enkei's attention, , I think he gets annoyed sometimes . She constantly goes up to him and squishes her head under his chin to get groomed, Enkei grooms her so much on the head and ears she's gonna be bald soon ! Yesterday though she started grooming him more too though, so I think she's starting to get that its a give and take thing. She still gets nervous when Enkei goes up to her bum because of him always trying to bite her butt, but he seems to have learned that she doesn't like it and hardly does it anymore. They seem to be happy running around together when I'm home, and going their separate ways to their own cages when its time to leave or go to bed. I think I'm going to do that for a while until they've gotten used to this system long enough before I try to take down the barrier and leave them together in the cage overnight .

Enkei, he's a freaking riot, this morning he was running around and back and forth like he was hopped up on caffeine, and finally after like 10 minutes he threw himself by the entertainment center on his back and got comfortable, he was breathing heavily, he was so tired ! The whole time Dori was just plopped under the coffee table watching him !

Here are some pictures from this week

Dori finally deciding to give Enkei some groomin'

Just chilling, butt to face

Dori trying to squish her head under Enkei's chin

After tired of grooming, just hangin out and snugglin

PS: Oh yea, here is a link the the HRS website with our pictures from when we adopted Enkei (his name used to be Tucker)! Its the second picture down, I look evil in that picture, it was early on a Sunday morning

http://www.sandiegorabbits.org/adopt...adoptions.html
  2. Senior Member
    awww love bunnies....so cute....our neighbor feeds the bunnies in our neighborhood Grommit tries to lick them. He doesn't know he is a dog
  3. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    awww they are like bff's now

4. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    sooo cute!!

I want one!
  5. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Aww.

Also, I scrolled down on that website and saw a picture of a bunny named Panda. It has blue eyes! Never seen a bunny with blue eyes before. Thought that was cool.
  6. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo2487 View Post
    Aww.

Also, I scrolled down on that website and saw a picture of a bunny named Panda. It has blue eyes! Never seen a bunny with blue eyes before. Thought that was cool.
    yes they have some GORGEOUS buns at the House Rabbit Society , I'd have a whole pack of bunnies if I didn't live in a 600 sq ft apartment
  7. I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    I am a proud chihuahua momma!
    Awwww!!!
  8. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    Aww, they're so cute! And yay for them finally getting along better!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    mari and vengeance hated each other for a few days. now they are besties. they don't cuddle much but they follow each other everywhere and groom each other.

also vengeance is such a gentleman he waits for mari to finish eating before he does. unless it's wet food.

i love rabbits, but dh wouldn't let me have one.
  10. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    mari and vengeance hated each other for a few days. now they are besties. they don't cuddle much but they follow each other everywhere and groom each other.

also vengeance is such a gentleman he waits for mari to finish eating before he does. unless it's wet food.

i love rabbits, but dh wouldn't let me have one.
    I wanna see pics of Mari and Vengeance