Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FDA investigating NUTRO

1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

FDA investigating NUTRO

Advertisements
    I just read this article from a GSD forum I'm on and thought I'd share.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...utro_foia.html

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Good!

I wonder if any of the pet owners who's animals died sued them? and have the gone to court or did they settle out of court?
  3. Senior Member
    I fed Nutro years ago and did not have good results. My German Shepherd started losing hair. They use a lot of corn fillers in their foods too. As soon as I switched foods, all of the symptoms went away. I have not and will not ever feed Nutro again.
  4. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Glad I shared then!

5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    so everyone can read.

6. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Wow, this actually surprises me. That's the higher end dog food that you can buy here at the commy. I actually recommended it to someone that I was training for a few months ago, her dog had skin allergies and we switched her to Nutro Natural Max, I believe lamb & rice formula and her dog has had no problems with it. Her coat is great, her skin allergies are gone, and she's taking to it really well.

This kind of sucks, I can't order the dog food that I like over here in Germany without paying a friggin arm and a leg for it, but this makes me more than uneasy about feeding the new puppy Nutro.

Thanks for posting this!
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  7. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Dee View Post
    Wow, this actually surprises me. That's the higher end dog food that you can buy here at the commy. I actually recommended it to someone that I was training for a few months ago, her dog had skin allergies and we switched her to Nutro Natural Max, I believe lamb & rice formula and her dog has had no problems with it. Her coat is great, her skin allergies are gone, and she's taking to it really well.

This kind of sucks, I can't order the dog food that I like over here in Germany without paying a friggin arm and a leg for it, but this makes me more than uneasy about feeding the new puppy Nutro.

Thanks for posting this!
    I know exactly how you feel about the commy selling shit food. Well for one, my family dog back home is on Nutro, Natural choice to be exact and he's fine. But I still think this article was worth sharing so whoever's dog is on Nutro can at least be informed. I sent this to my mama and sister. Oh and by the way, I recommended Nutro to my neighbor too because that IS the "best food" the commy sells. Then I sent her this article and now she's switching again.

Also, I don't but my dog food at the commy. I got to Fressnapf. It's about 20 minutes away for me, but I'd rather drive to Amberg and pay a little more for better food than feed my dog Pedigree or Dog Chow

8. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    I know exactly how you feel about the commy selling shit food. Well for one, my family dog back home is on Nutro, Natural choice to be exact and he's fine. But I still think this article was worth sharing so whoever's dog is on Nutro can at least be informed. I sent this to my mama and sister. Oh and by the way, I recommended Nutro to my neighbor too because that IS the "best food" the commy sells. Then I sent her this article and now she's switching again.

Also, I don't but my dog food at the commy. I got to Fressnapf. It's about 20 minutes away for me, but I'd rather drive to Amberg and pay a little more for better food than feed my dog Pedigree or Dog Chow

Yeah, exactly. What kind of food is Meesha on?

I just went to the website of the food I fed my Shepherd, and they have a branch in Germany, but I can't read the website so I need to get one of my German friends over here to translate it for me. If it's possible, I'd like to buy that food again, but if not, I need to find a different food. I'd rather not feed Nutro Natural Choice, but I'm so nervous about buying a dog food that I know nothing about over here.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!” ― Dr. Seuss
  9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Dee View Post
    Yeah, exactly. What kind of food is Meesha on?

I just went to the website of the food I fed my Shepherd, and they have a branch in Germany, but I can't read the website so I need to get one of my German friends over here to translate it for me. If it's possible, I'd like to buy that food again, but if not, I need to find a different food. I'd rather not feed Nutro Natural Choice, but I'm so nervous about buying a dog food that I know nothing about over here.
    What food was your GSD on?

Meesha is eating Royal Canin GSD puppy. So far so good. I've been thinking about switching her to Orijen, a grain-free food, but I need to research that more. Plus I'd have to buy it online.

They sell Royal Canin at Fressnapf so it's easier. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it has Corn gluten meal as the 3rd ingredient. Blah.

10. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    What food was your GSD on?

Meesha is eating Royal Canin GSD puppy. So far so good. I've been thinking about switching her to Orijen, a grain-free food, but I need to research that more. Plus I'd have to buy it online.

They sell Royal Canin at Fressnapf so it's easier. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it has Corn gluten meal as the 3rd ingredient. Blah.
    I fed mine Blackwood #5000 which is a catfish and potato food. It was awesome, his coat was amazing, skin was great, he just did really well on that food. I had to order it, but it wasn't too bad. I went through a 40lb bag every 3 weeks or so, and it cost me about $50 a bag, but they delivered it to my front door. It was No wheat, no corn, no soy.....

The website is here - http://blackwoodpetfood.com/bw5000.htm

That's the kind that I bought, but they have several different foods.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast