Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My dog....

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Confused My dog....

Advertisements
    I don't really know what to do with her. She has been getting sick on a daily basis lately and I have no idea what has triggered this. I noticed in the past that whenever she would get sick was when she was stressed. And right now DH is gone, so my mom thinks that she just misses him and is getting too worked up over it. I don't know what else it could be, she has been on the same diet since she was a puppy.

Not to mention her behavior is driving me nuts!! Every time I walk by the door she freaks out because she wants outside. She eats the plants when she goes outside. Plus we don't have a fence and she wanders so I can't just let her outside. But I'm sure as hell not going to sit outside all freaking day, just because she is bored. She has been disobeying me a lot which is abnormal. Dh said that he thinks I don't play with her enough. And maybe I should give her more attention. This really hurt actually. In his own way he told me that he thinks I ignore our dog. What the hell am I supposed to do?? Take her to the dog park 5 times a day, and give her my undivided attention 100 percent of the time? I'm just at a loss. She has plenty of toys too, plus chewy rawhides.

I guess this is partially a vent because of what DH said to me. I don't treat her any differently now, than when I do when he's here. He doesn't play with her all that much, half the time when he does they both get to freaking rough. I just can't believe he said what he did about me taking care of her.... I'm also baffled by her behavior.

I don't know, maybe I should be more active with her. But I'm afraid to get her into this routine and get her used to being out all the time. Because when I get a job, I will not be home all freaking day long and able to take her out all the time.

I don't know what to do.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry I dont know how to help more, she may just miss her daddy! Thats the way our pit-terrier is when my DH is gone she totally changes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Your little furbaby is going outside and eating things to help her settle her stomach. It's a natural remedy for them to eat grass and give them roughage to either throw it up or calm her tummy.

If she's vomiting every day, you need to see a vet asap. Even with nervous/anxious dogs, this is not good. She's not getting the nutrition she needs if she keeps purging. She may have eaten something outside that was sprayed with pesticides that is keeping her sick.

I'm sorry your man is being insensitive. I would take offense if DB suggested I didn't spend enough time with a pet.

Good luck with her and keep a close eye on her. Food and water intake, bathroom, vomit are all things to watch closely. For now, I'm sending you
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Honestly my best suggestion is to take your dog to the vet. If this is recurring and he doesn't seem to be getting better, it could be something more serious than just missing daddy. Just to be safe, I'd say make a trip to the vet to make sure everything is ok healthwise.
  5. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    I agree 100% to take your dog to the vet. It could be anything from ingesting a toxin to pancreatitis, to a food allergy (they can develop those pretty suddenly from what I've seen), to any number of other issues. Please take your dog in and have it seen.
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAFGirlfriend View Post
    Your little furbaby is going outside and eating things to help her settle her stomach. It's a natural remedy for them to eat grass and give them roughage to either throw it up or calm her tummy.

If she's vomiting every day, you need to see a vet asap. Even with nervous/anxious dogs, this is not good. She's not getting the nutrition she needs if she keeps purging. She may have eaten something outside that was sprayed with pesticides that is keeping her sick.

I'm sorry your man is being insensitive. I would take offense if DB suggested I didn't spend enough time with a pet.

Good luck with her and keep a close eye on her. Food and water intake, bathroom, vomit are all things to watch closely. For now, I'm sending you
    definitely get her to the vet.