Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with fleas!

1. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...

Help I need help with fleas!

Advertisements
    What is the best flea product for cats? I looked at the commissary but the shampoo lasted for a week it said and the spray for 4 days or something. I already tried the spot on treatment and it didn't work. I plan on getting some spray for the house but what is the best treatment to use on cats. I'm getting sick of this flea infestation. I'm pretty sure they got the fleas from the place I got them fixed at. TIA for any help!
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

2. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Honestly everything over the counter doesn't really work like the ones you can get from the vet. Try calling your vet and ask.

3. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    Honestly everything over the counter doesn't really work like the ones you can get from the vet. Try calling your vet and ask.
    That's what I told my husband! He wouldn't listen. Kept saying it was too expensive to go to the vet. I'd rather spend the money and get rid of the damn fleas! Ya know? Thank you, though. I totally agree.
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

4. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Frontline worked for us.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Don't use spray, shampoo, powder. It's harmful to you and your pet (I grew up with a mom who worked for EPA and studied those pesticides ) All natural stuff it out there but you will need something from the vet if you already have fleas.

Do frontline or advantage nothing over the counter works. Wear gloves when you put them on as well. Sometimes they shake after you apply it so if you can put it on outside. It's worth the money.

If you use one of those that is all you will need.
    Last edited by carolinagirll; 04-16-2009 at 08:58 AM.
  6. The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    if you can bathe them....

use dawn dish soap. ..original kind....slather it on..let it soak for a bit, then rinse....

Also-fumigate your house the SAME DAY you bathe the cats (take them somewhere-or put them in a kennel, in some shade in the garage or someplace.

Make sure you also put down granuale bug killer around the house/in the yard and such and sweep under your couch....get the powder flea killer to place under your couch before you fumigate as well, to keep the fleas from "escaping to hide"

i've got a hardcore "ritual" i do every spring and every fall.....to keep the fleas at bay... Ohio sucks for fleas.
    ~Ashley

7. Senior Member
    OTC is a waste of money and could potentially harm your animal. Go to the vet and get a GOOD flea product. Also unless you treat your house and yard at the same time as your pet...anything you ultimately buy is not going to work anyhow.
  8. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    DO NOT USE HARTZ!!!

It almost killed my cat last year.

I believe we use Advantage.
  9. Bend Over Here It Comes AGAIN....
    Bend Over Here It Comes AGAIN....
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    Tell your husband he is a moron...lol (JK) Go to the vet on post and you can get it for a fair price. The stuff from the vet not only gets rid of the fleas on your pet it kills off the lifecycle of the ones in your yard and in the house.

We can buy flea control @ the vet on post one month at a time if your not able to buy a 6 month pack.

If you totally cannot afford it...call a cat rescue group....explain your situation and explain what you can afford and most (not all) will help you out. Then the next time you have an extra 20$ go buy them cat food, toys or whatever to "pay it forward".
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would say go to the vet. When we got doodle he had really bad fleas and we had to get a flea comb and drown all the fleas and pick them out of his fur...one by one.... the vet would've been so much easier!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast