Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: mr. lumpypants

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

mr. lumpypants

Advertisements
    yep, 2 lumps on buddy in the last week. blah. one is very obviously just a fatty deposit so that one i'm not worried about. but he's got another on his hip-ish area that's hard and feels very attached. we're going in for a second opinion tomorrow. gonna see if it's possible to aspirate it. the first vet wanted to go in and remove it. but we don't know what it is and i'd really hate to put him under (and spend all the money on a surgery) for something that potentially nothing. hopefully if it can be aspirated, it'll give us some info on it.

please keep my little man in your thoughts tomorrow morning. i'm really hoping i get some more of an answer than "it could be serious, it could be nothing"

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

That poor guy can't get a break
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    That poor guy can't get a break
    i know!

he just decided to turn into an old man all at once i guess. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it for a while. the lump doesn't seem to be affecting him. he doesn't even know it's there. but since it's his first and it's hard and what have you, i'm having it checked out.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    i know!

he just decided to turn into an old man all at once i guess. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it for a while. the lump doesn't seem to be affecting him. he doesn't even know it's there. but since it's his first and it's hard and what have you, i'm having it checked out.

I'd have it checked too

a little thread jack... Emmie went to the groomer and I don't know what kind of communication issue they had with Tony, but omg... they shaved her so short. She looks like a rat with pig tails. She is SO UGLY right now
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'd have it checked too

a little thread jack... Emmie went to the groomer and I don't know what kind of communication issue they had with Tony, but omg... they shaved her so short. She looks like a rat with pig tails. She is SO UGLY right now
    oh no! i'm sorry they jacked up emmie! but at least it's hair and it does grow back it just might take a while.

i've had to strip down a couple dogs recently. key words--HAD TO. head to tail, everything was gone. some owners...

and as far as mr. lumpypants goes---it's a lipoma!! just got back from the vet. i went in, said i wanted it aspirated, they took him back and did it pretty much right away. the vet was a little surprised cause from the outside it feels really hard. so there's no cause for concern unless it gets to be like, the size of a kiwi at which point we'd have to have it removed cause it would kinda affect his movement and there's not a whole lot of extra skin where it is. thank god it's a lipoma--and it only cost $67 to get that answer rather than putting him under and spending like, $600 to be told it's nothing. i think i might be switching vets....
    Last edited by cricketswife; 04-15-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo

6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

oh no! i'm sorry they jacked up emmie! but at least it's hair and it does grow back it just might take a while.

i've had to strip down a couple dogs recently. key words--HAD TO. head to tail, everything was gone. some owners...

and as far as mr. lumpypants goes---it's a lipoma!! just got back from the vet. i went in, said i wanted it aspirated, they took him back and did it pretty much right away. the vet was a little surprised cause from the outside it feels really hard. so there's no cause for concern unless it gets to be like, the size of a kiwi at which point we'd have to have it removed cause it would kinda affect his movement and there's not a whole lot of extra skin where it is. thank god it's a lipoma--and it only cost $67 to get that answer rather than putting him under and spending like, $600 to be told it's nothing. i think i might be switching vets....

I'm glad he's alright!

We brush Emmie out and she wasn't matted, but the groomer said that because of the condition of her coat they needed to go short I mean the fur did look rough, but she wasn't all matted or anything.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad he's alright!

We brush Emmie out and she wasn't matted, but the groomer said that because of the condition of her coat they needed to go short I mean the fur did look rough, but she wasn't all matted or anything.
    was this the groomer that you recently found? do they have a couple different groomers that work there? if so, i'd request to have whoever made you want to go back do her from now on. sounds to me like the groomer didn't want to do any work and went with the easiest thing--shave 'em down=smoother finish, less scissoring, less hair to wash and dry and i guess they might have been thinking "summer's coming, they'll like it cause the dog will be cool"

one of the groomers i use to work with pretty much shaved down every dog short cause it was less work for her.
    Last edited by cricketswife; 04-15-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo

8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

was this the groomer that you recently found? do they have a couple different groomers that work there? if so, i'd request to have whoever made you want to go back do her from now on. sounds to me like the groomer didn't want to do any work and went with the easiest thing--shave 'em down=smoother finish, less scissoring, less hair to wash and dry and i guess they might have been thinking "summer's coming, they'll like it cause the dog will be cool"

one of the groomers i use to work with pretty much shaved down every dog short cause it was less work for her.
    They are AWESOME groomers and every time they've been there they have made the dogs look awesome. They do have a couple other people and I thionk it was one of the others who did Emmie I wasn't there though so I don't know.
  9. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Oh no, many good thoughts to you and your lumpypants