Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppy, Daddy, Mommy Contract Help.

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Puppy, Daddy, Mommy Contract Help.

Advertisements
    DH is driving me nuts about getting a new husky tomorrow but don't feel as though he will follow through 100% on his side of the deal so I want to "draw up" a contract between, myself, my DH, and include our Puppy.

Dh has never been the one to have the responsibility of another person or animal for that matter, as he's shown that in the last two days with me being in the hospital.

So I want to "draw up" a contract for him and myself to sign showing that he will get up an extra 15-20 mins earlier in the AM to walk this 2 mos old puppy and make sure she's got food, water, etc puppy pads cleaned up and replaced etc etc. Normal day to day going ons of a new puppy in the house... that kinda thing...

How would I go about wording the contract? I don't want to be anal but I want DH to realize that if he fucks up that she's going BACK to the puppy store no questions asked!

This is what I've got:

I, JLR (DH)___________________, do by swear to....

Trying to figure it all out...
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    13 views & no replies...
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Don't get a puppy if there is any possibility at ALL that you would be returning it. Seriously don't.

And don't buy a puppy from any Korean pet stores. Statistically, you will end up with a very ill puppy or a dead puppy within weeks.

I recommend either adopting through this site http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...isplay.php?f=7 or through the Osan Veterinary Clinic.
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    OOO! The animal rescue site has two husky puppies!! http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...ead.php?t=1857
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post
    Don't get a puppy if there is any possibility at ALL that you would be returning it. Seriously don't.

And don't buy a puppy from any Korean pet stores. Statistically, you will end up with a very ill puppy or a dead puppy within weeks.

I recommend either adopting through this site http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...isplay.php?f=7 or through the Osan Veterinary Clinic.
    Thats what I thought, I would be taking her to the Vet 1st thing after I bought her to have her checked out. I told the store owner if I found out anything was wrong I'd bring her back and demand a full refund etc... lots of people who've bought dogs from this shop have said they're really good puppies but
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Before you even consider it, stop in at your base vet clinic. They have literature there about buying animals from Korean pet shops.

From http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...&article=49522

YONGSAN GARRISON, South Korea — Think twice before buying a pet in South Korea, animal care workers at U.S. bases say.

They say they frequently treat sick pets bought from off-base stores and breeders that should never have sold them in the first place.

“Unfortunately, (owners) are usually getting a dying puppy before they see it,” said Capt. Jared Madden, officer in charge of Yongsan Garrison’s veterinary clinic.

Danni Armstrong, volunteer coordinator for the Osan Veterinary Treatment Facility and Osan Animal Shelter, said pet store owners often tell customers that a puppy is 2 or 3 months old when it actually is only 4 to 6 weeks old and still has a weak immune system.

And many haven’t been vaccinated or de-wormed.

In the United States, puppies typically are not sold until they are 8 weeks old, Armstrong said.

Some people get a pet without thinking about the difficulties of having an animal while deployed.

“Are you absolutely sure you want to adopt a puppy while you’re here?” said Osan veterinarian Capt. Rachel Hedlin. “Is it really their priority to have it here in Korea?”

She said most servicemembers are stationed in South Korea for only one or two years, and buying a pet is a decision they make on impulse, without thinking about whether they can care for it adequately.

“Definitely think long and hard about it,” she said. “If one person wants a new pet and one person doesn’t, maybe you shouldn’t get it.”

If you do decide to buy or adopt an animal, there are some things to consider:

* How many hours you work?
    * How much time you can to devote time to a new pet?
    * Are there are other pets in the household?
    * How much it will cost to ship the pet to the United States when you move?

“If you live in a house or high-rise apartment, you don’t want to buy a beagle or a husky or something like that,” Hedlin said.

Military officials say it’s best to adopt an animal from your installation’s stray animal shelter instead of buying one off-base. The animals may be older, but they’re usually recovered strays or pets given up with their owners move, and are healthy, said Maj. Ronald Powell, veterinarian at Yongsan Garrison.

“If they do, they need to look very closely at other options like adoption,” he said. “Generally speaking, you’re going to get a healthy pet.”

And what will happen when you PCS? Do you plan on taking the dog with you? Depending on the size, the airline might not allow your dog to travel in cargo. I just met a woman here who had to have her greyhound sent with a specialty pet carrier (too big for the airlines) and the cost for that was $5000. No joke, no exaggeration.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Husky's get huge... Oti my schnauzer only cost $250 cause he's a medium size dog. I've spoke to DH about it and he swears up and down that she'll be fine. I've sensed something wrong with her since we saw her last and thats why I insisted on going straight to the CRC Vet clinic. there's not one here or around casey so we have to take a bus ride there.
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchu Ma'am View Post
    DH is driving me nuts about getting a new husky tomorrow but don't feel as though he will follow through 100% on his side of the deal so I want to "draw up" a contract between, myself, my DH, and include our Puppy.

Dh has never been the one to have the responsibility of another person or animal for that matter, as he's shown that in the last two days with me being in the hospital.

So I want to "draw up" a contract for him and myself to sign showing that he will get up an extra 15-20 mins earlier in the AM to walk this 2 mos old puppy and make sure she's got food, water, etc puppy pads cleaned up and replaced etc etc. Normal day to day going ons of a new puppy in the house... that kinda thing...

How would I go about wording the contract? I don't want to be anal but I want DH to realize that if he fucks up that she's going BACK to the puppy store no questions asked!
    This is what I've got:

I, JLR (DH)___________________, do by swear to....

Seriously....PLEASE DO NOT GET A PUPPY.

9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Huskys are hard work. They shed like crazy; Their hair literally gets everywhere and you'll probably have to vacuum every 2 days. They have so much energy, that if you don't give them enough daily exercise, they can become destructive. Also they are the most stubborn breed I have met so far. Training them takes a lot of patience and they are known to be difficult to housebreak. And when they are bored (which happens easily if they don't get attention), they howl!

Seriously, if you say you'll be returning the pup if your DH doesn't do everything he told you he will do, then don't get it. Because chances are he wont! My DH said the same thing, but I find myself doing more than he does, which is understandable because I don't have to wake up at 5am for PT. He does, so sometimes he's just too tired to do anything.

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That's what I'm thinking.. we haven't bought her yet. I feel like we need to have more of a full on discussion 1st and a final decision needs to made about her. I DO NOT want that responsibility all by myself... I'll let ya'll know what we decide.

I've already raised my 2 yr old puppy and couldn't stand his ass for the 1st year. we just have a lot to think about 1st.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast