Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: kitty owners

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

kitty owners

Advertisements
    talk to me about your kitties! i've got two that i'm looking at adopting, not sure yet since i've got to discuss it with harrison.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...?petid=9828715
    and
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...petid=13376052
  2. Senior Member
    Napoleon has been banished to the outside forever.. DH caught him spraying in the house... Napoleon has been trying for the last 10 days to get back in the house, we had to take the screens off the windows...

I'm very upset with my kitty.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    awww poor thing. we are an indoor cat kind of family but i am worried about keeping dd out of the litterbox
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    awww poor thing. we are an indoor cat kind of family but i am worried about keeping dd out of the litterbox
    You can tell her no, she's old enough to obey you.
  5. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

You know I LOVE my kitties. I have four...

Tessa is our alpha kitty. We have had her since about 6 months after we got married and she is my protector. She is super attached to me, has the cutest little squeeky meow, and likes to walk around the house with things in her mouth like a dog. She also loves plastic. She licks plastic bags until they have a hole in them if you leave them out. She is ornery, too.

Koko is our scaredy cat. She is a little fatty fluff ball who hates to be held but LOVES to play. She goes coockoo bananas sometimes and just runs around the house like a psycho. It is awesome. She is also the momma cat, had five kittens a few years ago, and our other two cats are her daughters. She loves to keep them in check.

Koko's babies are Seven and Lola...

Seven is our curious adventure kitty. She LOVES to get into places she shouldn't be, and climb as high as she can. Her favorite place to hang out is on top of Adam's shoulders. She is also a master hider. She finds hiding places and as soon as a human finds her in there she abandons it forever and finds a new one. She is a really quiet cat so when she meows it is the cutest thing ever.

Lola is our princess attention whore. She is super "girly" for a kitty, loves to groom herself and everyone else. She has the cutest little girly high pitched meow, and LOVES to talk ALL THE TIME. She is super demanding when she wants to be loved, which is a lot of the time, and will push her face on you and demand to be pet. Everyone that meets Lola wants to keep her.

The best part about having four cats is that their personalities are all sooooooo different. I love watching them interact.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    You can tell her no, she's old enough to obey you.
    she listens to no but i'm thinking of getting a litterbox with a flap
  7. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    she listens to no but i'm thinking of getting a litterbox with a flap
    A covered one with a flap really helps with the litterbox smell, too.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    mmm i think i might take harrison to go look at some kitties at the humane society this weekend
  9. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Ive had cats my whole life. There has never been a moment in my life that i havent had a cat. I love my kitties!! The cats that live with me right now are Edgar and Raven.

Edgar is a big love. A massive baby!! He asks to be picked up. He thinks hes human. We got him from the pound.We went in thinking we were gonna come home with a dog. We went in to look at the kitties and there was this 6mo old kitty last of his litter. He didnt like people but i went in to check him out and he clung onto me and i never put him down. Hes my baby. And knows it!!

Raven is a fluffy princess. She walks on her tip toes and has a tiny meow but it demands attention. She gets in your face when shes ready to eat but spends most of he rtime alone in a window in a sun beam! Shes what we call aloof!

I suggest a covered litter box with a flap. A place for them to scratch. If you dont want pets on your furniture cats are not a realistic choice. Really go to the humane socity/pound and visit with all the cats. youll find the personality you want and one that will go with your family very well. Thats the most important!!

Good luck!!
  10. You are the best baby-DH
    You are the best baby-DH
    Blog Entries
    Salem is the perfect kitty for me. When I was 19 right after my rape, my mom's friend rescued 2 kittens from the wild. When I went to check them out, Salem ran up my leg and sat on my shoulder. He purred and licked my ear. I knew he had chosen me. He was about 5 weeks old according to the vet. He always slept on my chest purring me to sleep and waking me up from my nightmares. Salem is the reason I am still alive today. He has such a personallity too. He has never let me out of his sight. When he is mad at me he will hide my hearing aids. I once found one in his litter box, under the refridgerator, under the bed, you name it LOL. When he is mad at DH he will knock all of his stuff off of the bar while bypassing my stuff. DH is the only other person he will share "his" bed LOL He doesn't even like it when my mom comes and visits and sleeps in the bed with us(when DH is gone). He will sit on her chest and bat at her face until she leaves the bed
    When we lived alone in my apartment, Salem would let me know when my phone was ringing or someone at the door. He has since passed the job onto Sargent LOL. I can go on and on about my big ol fat kitty(he weighs 19 pounds), he is truely my Godsend. He takes such good care of me. Even now I am not out of his sights. He is sleeping behind my head on the couch. And boy does he SNORE!!!!! He lets me cuddle up next to him and he still purrs me to sleep, wakes me from my nightmares, licks my tears away, and all the stuff he did as a kitten. He will 10 years old in October.
    Sammers(AKA Salem)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast