Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kittens are to small...

1. Senior Member

Kittens are to small...

Advertisements
    I had an appt. to get the kittens my cat had this morning to get their first shots and all. I was running late and I finally got there for them to inform me the kitties are to small!! They are 6 weeks old tomorrow and they knew that but they said they are the size of a 3-4 week old kitten. So now I have to wait 2-3 weeks to get them in.
    I knew they were small but not that small. Their mama is really small so who knows! I figured it just matters on age not on size. They even said they would weigh them to see if they were the around the proper weight but they said just by looking at them they are way below average. They did tell me they seem healthy though, they are just small since their mama is.
    Now I have to wait to find homes for them. I was already having a hard time just thinking about it. I have become attatched to them. Now I have to keep them for a few more weeks where I will just become more in love with them.
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i wanna see pics! i wuv kittehs
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    i wanna see pics! i wuv kittehs
    here is the link from when I posted a few weeks ago. I will try and get some today and post them later for you.
    http://www.forum.militarysos.com/sho...d.php?t=295649
  4. <3Lovin' My Life<3
    <3Lovin' My Life<3
    It has alot to do with size also.. Like a cat has to be 6 months normally before they can fix it but. My cat was 6 months and didnt weigh 5lbs yet so they wouldnt fix her until she weighed at least 5lbs. Its def. not uncommon

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Groves Wifey View Post
    It has alot to do with size also.. Like a cat has to be 6 months normally before they can fix it but. My cat was 6 months and didnt weigh 5lbs yet so they wouldnt fix her until she weighed at least 5lbs. Its def. not uncommon
    they told me that they can get fixed when they are 8 weeks. So they said when I bring them in a couple weeks they can get there shots and get fixed. I think they will still be way to little to get fixed.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it has to do with dosage of medicine and weight AND age..kwim. If they are of weight but not age then it will be by age. But if they are under the weight limit then the dosage will be too much for their bodies to handle.
  7. Senior Member
    I figured they go by weight and all too, it was more of a shock I guess. I did not realize how little they really are.
  8. Member
    They are so gorgeous too bad I already have my own. Hope you find good homes for them