Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: is poop normal?

1. Member

is poop normal?

Advertisements
    So I took my new kitten to her first vet check today and on the way there I smelled something horrible! She had pooped in her kennel and though her stools have been nice and solid (even earlier that morning) This was runny and nasty!
    So instead of my pretty maine coon girl meeting the vet, a very stinky messy coonie met the vet. They seriously took such pity on her that they did not even charge me for the visit!
    I have been watching her for signs of illness b/c of the sick kitten we had a few months ago, I am hoping her stools firm back up and that this is just a normal stress reaction to her car ride. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?
    Otherwise the vet took all her vitals and checked her over and said she looked great. Their is a bit of a language barrier (italian vet) so i could not figure out how to ask if the runny pooping in the kennel was normal or not.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

It could have just been nerves.
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just letting you know that it's pretty normal. A cat carrier for a kitty is a very stressful thing and many will either throw up or have a bout of diarrhea in transit or right after. (I help with deliveries between an animal rescue league and a volunteer store for adoptions.) She could also be a little carsick. Watch her close and take her back to the vet if it happens while she's at home. Good luck and !
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    It could have just been nerves.

yep I agree
  5. Member
    Thank you!
    I was thinking that it had to be stress, she seems to be doing well after a good cat nap today.
    It makes me feel better to hear poop is a normal stress reaction. Puking I would have expected, but now I know to maybe expect some poop too!
  6. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Yeah, it's normal.