Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: worried about my puppy

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

worried about my puppy

Advertisements
    he's got a huge cut on his neck that we don't know how it got there. it might of been from him running through the rose bushes or he scratched open one of his little wart/skin tags....its vet time again. we are putting neosporin on it because he can't get to lick it but we might have to get a cone for it. and i don't want to even have to put a leash on him when we go to the vet
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Just keep it nice and clean and dry until you can get into the vet. Poor puppers. Hope he feels better!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    he keeps scratching it and then chewing on his feet to get the goo off. we stop him as much as possible but even when he lays down on the floor (we have tile) and he gets up you can see little pussy spots. its all irritated. we are going to try to get him to the vet this week but its hard because we are gone all day long. hopefully i'll be able to take him to the vet on friday after my gyno appointment.
  4. PeechyKeen
    How's the pupper doing?
  5. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Last I heard he was healing... I haven't heard much since. She hasn't mentioned him getting any worse though! Hopefully he's doing well!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed

poor puppy
  7. Senior Member
    they have doggie booboo medicine at walmart in the pet section. That might do better than neosporin. Hope it gets better, but he should be fine till you get him there.. If you have any medicine, over the counter, that fight infection, depending on how old he is, it might not hurt to give him a half.. or a whole one. I know they give dogs, regular aspirins when needed. Just an idea... I am not a doctor or anything. But my dog did have lots of vet days in her first year...
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    he's doing good. they shaved the whole area last week and he is healing wonderfully. its all scabbed over. we had tried some over the counter antibiotic/antibacterial spray but it wasn't working (that was before the vet) and the vet gave us antibiotic spray with lidocane so it didn't hurt when we sprayed him. and his eyelid had folded in on itself so we have neosporin (vet approved) for that.

he's doing much much better. back to his oldself...nice and playful and actually eating.