Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finding a dog to adopt is difficult *sad update in op*

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

finding a dog to adopt is difficult *sad update in op*

Advertisements
    wow...i've gotten my hopes up so many times only to have the dog I was interested in be adopted before I could check it out or have the person change their mind about rehoming.

Dani found this chocolate girlie for me on the island, http://waifanimals.org/dogs_display.asp?id=1609, & they are open sundays!!!! so i am going up tomorrow to meet her. i hope it works out! i already called & left a message saying i would like to come up tomorrow & meet her if she's available...so i hope she is.

fingers crossed, once again. she's exactly what i'm looking for, save for the extra pounds. i'll have her do 30 day shred with me!

*update* they called me around 9 this am & left a message saying she was still available. i called back & said i was very interested & would be driving up from renton (2 hours away!) & would be there when they opened.

so i drove up (& took the ferry too)...i get there shortly after noon, say 1215, after dropping off 2 large bags of stuff for their thrift store, i get there to find out someone else is looking at my dog & adopting her.

so i tell them i drove up from renton for this dog & as of this am, she was available...but the lady who is adopting her says she stopped in yesterday. the shelter lady says there's no way for them to keep track of that...well they freaking should. 2 hour drive for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention, by the time i could get back home, the multiagency adopt o thon i was gonna go to was over.

thankfully, it is GORGEOUS today. lu enjoyed her first ferry rides & we stopped at south whidbey state park.

i wonder if this is all a sign that i should concentrate on the tripod. i'm just worried that her rescue organization does not want her to go to a family any time soon...they want her to fully fully recover first. maybe they'll make an exception for me, since i've probably done more post op care than anyone in her rescue organization has.
    Last edited by rcwant2be; 04-05-2009 at 05:54 PM.
  2. ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    ive never been so alone, and ive never been so alive
    it just means the others werent meant to be! shes a cutie! good diet and lots of walks could do wonders!!
    "Will you tell me what you saw and I'll tell you what you missed, when the ocean met the sky. "
  3. LT
    Good luck!!
    I may be looking into adoption soon too!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Have you gone to the pound yet? There are so many sweet doggies that need homes there too!!!
  5. Senior Member
    Good luck, hope it works out! I found my dog on www.petfinder.com, he was at the local humane society
  6. Senior Member
    Good luck! I know you probably have, but have you checked www.petfinder.com and the Pet Adoption channel on Comcast?
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jennypage View Post
    Have you gone to the pound yet? There are so many sweet doggies that need homes there too!!!
    i've been regularly viewing shelter inventory on petfinder. i haven't actually went to any yet, because i'm looking for something fairly specific. this waif organization is basically the pound for whidbey island from what i gather from their website.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Gotcha. Just wondering. I know the website isn't always up to date though, so if this one doesn't work out, maybe go by there on your way home? Either way, good luck.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i was planning on going to a multiagency adopt o thon tomorrow in southcenter...but now i'll be going to visit missy instead.
  10. AKA ProudUSMCgf123
    AKA ProudUSMCgf123
    Goodluck! I hope it works out! She looks adorable.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast