Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dog Ear Hemotoma?!?

1. Senior Member

Help Dog Ear Hemotoma?!?

Advertisements
    Last edited by FlyBoysGrl; 01-10-2010 at 08:54 PM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Poor puppy. My brother's dog just had ear surgery last week. I don't know exactly how much it ran him at Falls Road Animal Hospital, but I know he was bitching about the current empty state of his bank account. I'm sorry Mocha is sick.
  3. Senior Member
    The surgery will do wonders for him and he will probably have a drain put in that will have to be removed in a few days. The cost however, will be determined on where you live.
  4. Senior Member
    My German Shepherd had Aural Hematoma surgery last year. I took him in for some ear problems, including a small bubble on his ear. It turned out to be an ear infection and an Aural Hematoma. It cost us about 700 dollars total. Because he is a "senior" dog and I opted for the senior blood panel before his surgery to make sure everything was good to go, so that was a little more expensive. The 700 includes all of his medication for his ear infection, his antibiotics and his pain meds, his Elizabethan collar, and a follow up at a vet in a different state, that I had to pay extra for because of not being close to the vet here where the surgery was actually done.

You definitely don't want to wait too long, because the hematoma will just continue to fill with blood and could to major damage to the ear.
  5. Senior Member
    Last edited by FlyBoysGrl; 01-10-2010 at 08:54 PM.