Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: potting training class for dogs?

1. Senior Member

potting training class for dogs?

Advertisements
    it sounds like a ridiculous waste of time and money to me I mean i swear our puppy has a memory span of about 3 minutes...but does it work?

2. One day at a time
    One day at a time
    in my experience, a class didnt work for us (we had two dogs and tried a class for one of them) it just makes it hard to train them outside the home....like how can you train a dog to got sit down by the front door when they have to go...if you're not at home?? i dunno...we ended up training them ourselves

but as far as training goes, YES you're puppy can learn, i promise. it just takes a LOT of time and patience. good luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxie0816 View Post
    in my experience, a class didnt work for us (we had two dogs and tried a class for one of them) it just makes it hard to train them outside the home....like how can you train a dog to got sit down by the front door when they have to go...if you're not at home?? i dunno...we ended up training them ourselves
    were doing it ourselves my bff is getting a puppy and taking it to the class i didnt even know they existed. honestly as much work as it is i dont really see a one time like two hours class doing ..anything? but well see i guess

4. One day at a time
    One day at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by RunAwayLove View Post
    were doing it ourselves my bff is getting a puppy and taking it to the class i didnt even know they existed. honestly as much work as it is i dont really see a one time like two hours class doing ..anything? but well see i guess
    yeaa bit ridiculous...it definately takes longer than a day/2hours completely potty training a dog....maybe its more of a class for the owner, like "how to train your puppy"
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think they are a waste of time and money. To get a dog to go outside just takes lots of repetition and reward I had our puppy potty trained in 2 days. Taking him out once an hour He now goes to the door and sits when he needs to go
  6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I don't see how a class would housebreak a dog
  7. Senior Member
    TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY and your time. If you can't be home to train the puppy...don't get the puppy until you have time for the puppy. A puppy can hold his urine an hour based on how many months he is. IE...2 months, 2 hours...and so on. The puppy drinks, you take him out, the puppy eats, you take him out, the puppy wakes up, you take him out, the puppy is done playing, you take him out.

Potty training is not easy...but if people are willing to pay for a "class" on something that is as simple as taking the dog outside....I am willing to open a business.
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY and your time. If you can't be home to train the puppy...don't get the puppy until you have time for the puppy. A puppy can hold his urine an hour based on how many months he is. IE...2 months, 2 hours...and so on. The puppy drinks, you take him out, the puppy eats, you take him out, the puppy wakes up, you take him out, the puppy is done playing, you take him out.

Potty training is not easy...but if people are willing to pay for a "class" on something that is as simple as taking the dog outside....I am willing to open a business.
    I agree and at the last part.. so true!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't even see how that would work?!? I bet it's just someone giving you tips on how to do it, which you could learn for free with google or a library card.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post

how about we do the west coast branch & caimbrie does the east coast branch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast