Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any horse people here?

1. Junior Member

Jump for Joy Any horse people here?

Advertisements
    Hi,
    Just wanted to see if there were any fellow equestrains here? How are your experiences with riding and having a SO in the military? Just curious since this is probably very likely in my future .

BTW: I ride dressage, and have my horse back home (at school currently), He is dark bay an SWB.
  2. Senior Member
    I'm a little horse... I got a Nasal-gastric tube this morning.

I'm sorry. I just.. I couldn't help it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta's Medic View Post
    I'm a little horse... I got a Nasal-gastric tube this morning.

I'm sorry. I just.. I couldn't help it.
    sorry your a little horse

but yup i loved riding but havent been back on since i got prego in 2004 haven't had time and haven't been back on the farm..
  4. The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    The military, beaches, horses and dogs are my life
    i have horses. i currently live "at home" while DF is basking in the sun in Hawaii..

between my dad and I we have 15 horses currently. and yes, im going to leave them all behind when i move to hawaii this summer.....

my two main ponies, are a 15.3hh 9yo AQHA gelding (he's my jumper)...and my 16.2 3yo APHA gelding (who will be my HUS and H/J pony)...

i've been riding/showing nationally since i was a tot. but havent really done much the past few years (been focusing on the business-boarding-) Will hopefully get my paint to some shows this year.....

i wish it wasnt so expensive to move horses to hawaii! lol, i would take my paint with me so i can continue training him. but im sure i'll sell him before i move. my QH has a forever home with me

all the other "ponies" are for my neices/nephews, and we lease some out to local 4h kids.
    ~Ashley

5. Formerly known as stapletonlove
    Formerly known as stapletonlove
    I have had quarter horses my whole life. I now just have one, but she stays at my grandparents house. We just recently had one die He was 33 years old though, so he lived a looong life.

I honestly don't ever get to ride anymore. But, it's ok. My grandparents and little cousins make sure she is ridden alot.

6. Senior Member
    ive ridden quarter horses forevvvvvvvvvvver and I use to barrel race a long long time ago when I go home I ride but i havent ridden in awhile i miss it:S

7. Senior Member
    I have had horses almost all of my life. In fact, I am so sore it's sad...cause I tried to break in one of my new trophy saddles. It sucks when the saddle doesn't fit well! ARGH! If you couldn't guess, I ride western. I used to rodeo, but I don't do that much anymore...although they're trying to get me to start team pinning and cutting. The rest of my family are ropers (mainly team ropers).

When I was with the ex, the horses would have stayed behind with our families (both of our families live in the same home town, so it worked for us). Course, I don't have to worry about that one anymore! Tee hee!
  8. <3 JHW
    <3 JHW
    Three horses here!! my TB/Paint he's my awesome all around performance buddy. also have two poa's. How is it traveling with the ponies? we are new to the air force family and i plan on taking my boys with me when we get stationed.
  9. Senior Member
    <----------------- my pain in the arse Trakhener

He's retired, he'll be 25 in July and has ringbone and copd. So he's my achy, coughy old man. Used to compete locally with him back in the day (jumpers), but he's also severely pigeon toed (injury when he was young before I got him) so we were more the "comic relief" of the shows.

He thinks he's a lapdog.

10. Junior Member
    Thanks guys, great to hear all the horse stories!