Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: throwing up

1. Senior Member

throwing up

Advertisements
    This has happened more than a few times, and im now starting to get worried.

My eng bully will sometimes, in the middle of the night, throw up. Last night it happened twice. It's never "chuncky" ...its always watery/stomach acid. When i woke up to it last night and started cleaning him up there was a small piece of chewed up plastic in the vomit, so obvioulsy i know he was chewing on something. But this has happened way too many times and i dont know whats going on. Is it time to call the vet?
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

How often is it?

My dogs do it every once in a while.. that foamy yellow/greenish stomach bile nasty-ness. Stormy did it the other day and has been fine since.
  3. Senior Member
    id say in the last month or so...he's done it about 5 or 6 times. which seems like a lot to me?
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by carmel11725 View Post
    id say in the last month or so...he's done it about 5 or 6 times. which seems like a lot to me?

I guess it is sorta. I've had stints with my dogs where they have done it several times in a month, but then they don't do it for months. They only do it once when they do, so I've never been really worried. They werent like throwing up their food or anything. I probably wouldn't be that worried because it's not repeated vomiting, but I'm also not a vet or vet tech
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Lol.. there is a link to "ask a vet on line" as the page ad. perhaps you should!
  6. aka Crazy4MySailor
    aka Crazy4MySailor
    That happens to my puppy George all the time....I would take your furbaby to the vet to just make sure everything is A ok!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    pepcid a/c before bedtime really helped one of my babies, but make sure he doesn't have an issue first by a good vet check
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My parent's dog throws up if he drinks water too quickly (which he does often because he's diabetic). Aren't english bulldogs prone to overheating? Maybe he's drinking alot because he's warm and then Or maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about!
  9. Senior Member
    English Bulldogs have a problem clearing mucus from their throats/noses because they are very short snouted and they will "cough" and throw up a mucus or white foam. If you hear him coughing or trying to clear his throat a few squirts of lemon juice will help him out. The lemon juice that comes in the little lemon works good. But, since he vomited up little pieces of plastic, it's possible your Bullie ate a toy or something he should not have and with their trachea issues you really should have him looked at by a vet.