Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pet insurance

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Pet insurance

Advertisements
    Does anyone have pet insurance? If so what kind do you have? Do you think it is worth it?

I'm thinking about getting it for Diesel just to be on the safe side if something were to ever happen to him but I have no idea where to start. Any help/ideas would be awesome! TIA
  2. Senior Member
    we have banfield, its through Pets Mart. Its not really insurance. But we pay $23 a month and when its time for her shots and whatnot we dont have to pay anything out of pocket. And we get discounts on other vet services. We have been with them since she was a puppy, and they neutered/spayed(she is girl which ever one for a girl) and it was included in our monthly payment.
  3. Am
    We don't have it. We probably should. He's as accident prone as I am.
  4. Senior Member
    We don't. We did the math, and adding the totals together from a few different medical emergencies over the past few years with my older dog, it is more financially smart to put the same amount of money into a savings account each month specifically for the dogs.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jen1982 View Post
    We don't. We did the math, and adding the totals together from a few different medical emergencies over the past few years with my older dog, it is more financially smart to put the same amount of money into a savings account each month specifically for the dogs.
    That's a good idea, then it doesn't feel like money wasted if nothing happens because you still have it