Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stop Biting!!!!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Stop Biting!!!!!

Advertisements
    ok..so we have a kitten...and he's about 10 weeks old..and he keeps biting...and i mean just attacking our ankles and biting us when he tries to play....we've tried spray bottles with water......but it's not helping...so anyone else have any ideas..

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  2. ------------------
    ------------------
    With our puppy, we give her light flicks on the nose, while yelling "ouch!!!!" It slowly is improving things. The vet suggested we hold her mouth when she bites, but then she thinks we are just playing with her!
  3. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    it's a common thing with kittens, and with puppies they recommend putting your finger down under the tongue pushing down towards the feet. With my cats though, I got them things to distract them (toy mice, lazer pointer, balls, scratch posts, things of that nature) and kind of sucked it up, so to speak. Only one bites me, and all I gotta do is kind of a gutteral growl and she is gone Then again, I wouldn't recommend that if you have a dog though, that could make it worse.
    ...Done....
  4. Love Me, Love My Dog
    Love Me, Love My Dog
    Blog Entries
    my cat used to hunt me...wait around corners and stalk me, jump from high places when I was sleeping or attack my feet while in bed and I used to the snatch her up turn her upside down and flick her in the nose, I also bit her a couple time in the ear...it stopped real quick! She still did it sometimes as she got older but it was only when she wanted to play...

I got wifeys
    SOS WIFEY TO SNARPHBLAT, CHELS, SAMANTHA, & SOS MISTRESS TO SAMSET

5. I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    I am a Pielott.. Pylot... Pilote... I FLY PLANES
    Blog Entries
    I've done the push under their tongue with dogs when they bite, it works pretty well.. not sure how it'd work with cats though. Mine all grew out of that stage pretty quick. Sorry I'm not much help!
  6. Junior Member
    get a spray bottle full of water and when your kitten behaves badly litely spray it. cats hate water and they will stop the bad behavior pretty quick.
  7. ------------------
    ------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethb883 View Post
    it's a common thing with kittens, and with puppies they recommend putting your finger down under the tongue pushing down towards the feet.
    Sounds like I was doing it all wrong. No wonder our pup thought it was a game.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    he/she will outgrow it. vengeance was the same way when he was little-they are teething, so naturally they want to chew on things, and for some reason it ends up being us. it will take some time but trust me, they outgrow it. now vengeance is just the sweetest little lazy boy ever.