Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Escape artists...

1. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3

Escape artists...

Advertisements
    That is exactly what they are and I hate it. I cannot keep our 2 dogs in the yard if my life depended on me! The property we rent has a chainlink fence thats like a million years old and needs to be stretched/replaced. There are holes all along the bottom of it and they just skidaddle right through it. Some of these holes I swear they compress their bodies like rats do to get out!
    The kennel isn't any better... There isn't a concrete pad so instead there is a piece of dog kennel so they can't dig. It's a mess in there because you can't really clean up dog poo with a shovel when it's on a chainlink panel. The landlord said she would come out and approve a spot to pour concrete but she's horrible about getting things done.
    Has any of you had problems with your dogs excaping like this and what did you do to stop it?
    -Brandee
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I don't keep my dogs outside other than to go potty and to play

When I was growing up we had an outdoor dog. She would jump up, open the gate and go for walks every day. She'd go down to the market and they'd give her food, then she came home My family never worried about her and she always came home.... well until someone purposely ran her over and then turned around and ran her over again

So I don't really have any experience, but I think getting the approval for the concrete would be a good idea. You should also get a new fence and bury the botton 6 - 12 inches into the ground.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh I feel for you, but have no solution We had a siberian husky that was an escape artist. She would climb the fence, she would hop up on top of cactus to jump over the fence...you name it she did it to get out
  4. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3
    Ya, see i know the landlord won't put in a new fence. she see's no need to... she's kinda stingy, blah
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  5. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    sorry, had to post this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBjQDeZPag

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
  6. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Do you leave your dogs outside unattended? When you are outside with them, play with them with treats and train them not to go under the fence.

7. Lovin' him <3
    Lovin' him <3
    i leave them outside of the kennel unatended, i try to be out there but all it takes is for me to step inside for a minute and my heeler is gone, lol
    Stuck in Camp Hovey
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My dogs are the same. This is why we are putting in a privacy fence. If they can't see out they don't try. But if they can see out they just have to get out.