Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I have a fuzzy fat thief in my house...

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

I have a fuzzy fat thief in my house...

Advertisements
    And her name is DORI . I don't know what is up with her lately. I'm currently working on bonding my girl Dori with her new friend Enkei. It's been a slow process, so they are still split up, and when they are let out to run around, I have to put out a little gate to separate them; she has the front part of the apartment, and he has the back part. So lately Dori has become a champion jumper, as husky as she is at 9lbs, and has started sneaking over the gate whenever we are not looking. I usually catch her right away, yell her name and she runs and jumps back over . But recently I've been catching her IN Enkei's cage eating his hay, when she has perfectly good hay in HER cage . Then last week, I was sitting at the desk and she comes over by my feet and I see her eating a carrot......um, her plate was empty when I looked a little while ago....where did she get a carrot from ....oh yea Enkei hadn't finished his dinner yet...oh Dori Dori Dori. So I just speculated at that point that she stole his carrot (I did give Enkei his missing carrot back), well a couple days later I got my proof and looked over and saw her in his house actually picking up a broccoli, and as soon as I called her name she looked up and ran and jumped back over the gate WITH the broccoli in her mouth . LOL we tried putting Enkei's plate higher in one of his upper levels, but that didn't help, later I saw her UP there trying to get to his plate. See Enkei doesn't scarf down his food like Dori, he eats a little at first, then the rest later, as to where Dori is like a vacuum and cleans her plate right away .

I was really not wanting to because it makes it really hard to get across the apartment, but I'm going to have to make that little gate higher somehow now w....all because of my little thief who is just a fatty fat glutton
  2. Banned
    Banned
    - bad bunny!
  3. Senior Member
    Naughty little thing.

Can you feed Dori with one of those "slow down bowls"?
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    Naughty little thing.

Can you feed Dori with one of those "slow down bowls"?
    Hmm, what is a slow down bowl?
  5. Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Formerly known as coloradokitkat
    Your bunny reminds me of my DH. When he gets in to my Little Debbie Boston Cream pies. Oh he'll eat a few when I'm not home (by a few I mean 4 ) but when I go to get one and see that FOUR are missing it's "BABE!!!! ".....and off he goes to the bathroom....because that door locks

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    Hmm, what is a slow down bowl?
    People use them for dogs that go nuts when they get fed.. It's stops doggies from vomiting up their foods and getting gas..

http://www.amazon.com/Brake-Fast-Dog.../dp/B000S6XSA0
  7. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leftover View Post
    People use them for dogs that go nuts when they get fed.. It's stops doggies from vomiting up their foods and getting gas..

http://www.amazon.com/Brake-Fast-Dog.../dp/B000S6XSA0
    Cool idea , but sadly wouldn't work in this case, because their main meals aren't pellet, is full fresh veggies, so they get lettuce leaves, a chunk of carrot, chunks of broccoli, etc. And she doesn't really eat so fast she can't breathe, she just happens to eat all her food in one sitting, rather than how Enkei does, which is he eats some now and some later, LOL. So Enkei is just a slower eater in terms of hours. I have to email the head of the House Rabbit Society and ask the lady what her suggestions are, because eventually the plan is to have them live together, so we might have a problem with Dori eating all the food and not leaving any for Enkei