Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do puppies cry a lot during crating?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

Do puppies cry a lot during crating?

Advertisements
    Ok so here is my situation this morning.

Backstory, neighbors upstairs got a Husky puppy (most adorable sweetie pie in the world). We are not supposed to have cats or dogs in our apartments. I see the puppy one day outside on their porch and he comes out and tells me sorry if the puppy barked, that they just got him, but that they are moving at the end of the month anyway so they decided to get the puppy now because he's going to Iraq soon (so I guess to keep his girl company, dunno if its his wife). Ok fine, whatever. I don't mind seeing the puppy outside, and he doesn't bark that much, only when he's out on the porch and sees people walk by.

So today. Its about 6:30am and I hear wimpering. I turn the volume on my tv around 6:35 and hear loud wimpering, then the wimpering turns into wailing and screeching....I thought something happened to the pup, I thought he was hurt or something . So I wait a few minutes to see if he stops, because when he's outside on the porch and they close the glass door, he starts crying until they open the door for him. But it doesn't stop, I can hear all kinds of rustling noise coming from upstairs, around my kitchen area, and the pup is crying so loud non stop. So finally around 6:45 I go upstairs and knock on their door, I want to make sure he's ok. No answer. I realize they are not home, and I'm thinking, maybe the pup is in a crate? This is my thought, that maybe they either blocked him into the kitchen or put him in a crate and he's really upset. But the pup keeps wailing and crying and howling and screeching as if he was being tortured . At this point I'm not sure what to do, is the puppy ok, is he hurt? Did he maybe do something to himself in there alone?

So I left thinking, do I call someone? I mean, I don't think the pup is being abused, they seem to take care of him, and I would hate for him to be taken away if he was crying only because he's alone, BUT I hate hearing him cry like that, since it really sounds like something is way wrong with him. So finally after much thinking, I decided to just call the leasing office. I mean, if they area already leaving.....I left a message saying that upstairs there was a pup, that the neighbors told me they were already getting ready to leave, but told them when I heard, and asked if someone could at least go there when they open up the office and make sure the pup is ook.

So my question is, did I do the right thing? I mean, do pups cry like that when they are first being crated or left alone confined to one area of the house? I left my number with the leasing office and told them they could call me, I'm just not sure at this point if it was the right thing to do or not
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Yes, they cry when left in a crate. They want to be with their people and will cry whenever they aren't.
  3. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    Yes, they cry when left in a crate. They want to be with their people and will cry whenever they aren't.
    But is it normal for them to not just cry, but I mean wail and scream and screech really loud non stop like if they were hurt? I really dont know because I've never had a puppy
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Bruce did for a few nights when we crated him It was really hard on me but it worked out best. He probably is crated or blocked off in the apartment somewhere and is just lonely.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    My neighbors say Bella only cries every now and again. Poor dog I assume it's when she realizes she has to and I'm not home.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Bruce did wail the first night
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    yes they will wail and screech. they are like babies they are trying to get your attention. If they are crating him and leaving it will probably go on for awhile longer.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    But is it normal for them to not just cry, but I mean wail and scream and screech really loud non stop like if they were hurt? I really dont know because I've never had a puppy
    Yeah My dog did that. Drama Queen (is all I can say). Just wait till she is quiet b4 you take her out(easier said the done)
  9. Senior Member
    Our puppy never cried. I think you did the right thing. How awful would it be if the poor thing has gotten itself stuck somewhere and is hurting? Like you said they are leaving anyway so whats the worst that can happen?
  10. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    , I hope I didn't get them in big trouble

I mean, they are already leaving in like a week, so they can't get in too much trouble I hope.....it just sounded so bad I really thought he was hurt. I'll actually be surprised if someone else didn't call before me because we have about 6 other apartments in our building that I'm sure heard the crying.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast