Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Does anyone want......

1. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)

Nutts Does anyone want......

Advertisements
    my beta fish? I know that sounds horrible but I'm SO tired of taking care of him! He's 3 years old and I have spent god knows how much money on him. He would get tail rot so I bought meds for that. Then he got a fungal infection so I bought meds for that. His tank was too small and I was cleaning it out completely like every 3 days so I bought him a 1 gallon and the stupid thing cracked so I bought him a new one that was 1.5 gallons. Now that one has an issue with fungus no matter how many times I completely clean out his tank. ARG!!!!!!!! Beta's live to be 3-4 years old and seriously he should be keeling over soon. I feel terrible that I wish it would happen soon. I'm aweful.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Ahh poor guy!
  3. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFgirl32 View Post
    Ahh poor guy!
    I know right?! He's gotten sick so many times and I've medicated him to get him back to health that I think he's partually blind. I have to point out his food for him so he looks for my finger and then when he gets close enough he can see it!!!!! It's a FISH!!!!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Poor fishy If you really don't want him any longer, I would talk to your local fish store, school, library, nursing home, etc. The advantage of placing a Beta at a shop is that there isn't the worry of introducing a "foreign" fish to their supply because he can be housed solely (many shops won't take placement fish because of disease worries, etc).
    It sounds like you've had a bad run of luck, though, because they really aren't a difficult fish to keep. While you have upgraded his home a couple of times, I would suggest doing so again as the size he is in even now is still a minimal size for them to truly do well (contrary to popular belief, they really DON"T do well in a little jar/bowl of water). If you want to keep him, I'd be happy to offer all the advice I can to hopefully make you AND the fishy happier.
  5. I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    I'm a dirty martini! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    Poor fishy If you really don't want him any longer, I would talk to your local fish store, school, library, nursing home, etc. The advantage of placing a Beta at a shop is that there isn't the worry of introducing a "foreign" fish to their supply because he can be housed solely (many shops won't take placement fish because of disease worries, etc).
    It sounds like you've had a bad run of luck, though, because they really aren't a difficult fish to keep. While you have upgraded his home a couple of times, I would suggest doing so again as the size he is in even now is still a minimal size for them to truly do well (contrary to popular belief, they really DON"T do well in a little jar/bowl of water). If you want to keep him, I'd be happy to offer all the advice I can to hopefully make you AND the fishy happier.
    I was incorrect in my OP, he is in a 2 gallon tank now. I'm sorry but any thing bigger for a fish that small is silly. His first bowl was SO small and I felt guilty and annoyed that I had to clean it all the time so I got him a 1 gallon. After that one cracked I tried to find a 1.5 gallon but couldn't so I went with the 2 gallon. It seems the bigger I upgrade the more problems I have with fungus. I clean his tank on a regular basis...I just don't know what to do anymore. I would never neglect his care and I will take care of him until he dies....I just seem to be thinking about that day over and over. HAHA I can say that I will never get another fish again after him. *shrugs* I'm tired of the upkeep.