Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do i keep the kitty?

1. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta

do i keep the kitty?

Advertisements
    I know you animal lovers will give a resounding "yes"! But...
    I took in a stray kitten who has turned out to be a sweet-tempered little angel. I was only supposed to house it for a week until my future MIL found a home for it, but now I'm contemplating if his home should be here. problem is, I am trying my hardest to save money for our wedding and since kitty was a stray, he needs to have all the tests and shots and neutering (sp?). My heart says stay, but my wallet says we can't! I don't know what to do!
  2. Georgia Peach
    Georgia Peach
    Well, I understand if yall are trying to save money all sacrifices have to be given up. We just found out that we are pregnant and have to save up for the new baby. So, sacrifices are definately being made!!!!!!!!
  3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    If you need to save up money then dont... I know you want to but I got a kitten once and couldnt afford it so gave it to the pound. I'd just give it another home where you dont have to worry and later on you can get a new kitten when you are ready.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What base is your fiance at? We get the cats shots and exams and all that at the base here and it's free for exams and 10 bucks for shots, as well as free or low cost neutering referrals. I would see if there is a vet on base that you can have him take it to! Regardless, I still say keep it!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Do you have a Banfield pet clinic somewhere around? We signed Sunny up for their plan and it already saved us a TON of money. To sign a dog up it was like $99 and from now on 19.95 per month but we didn't have to pay for her getting spayed nor for any vet visits or shots etc. I know they have the same plan for cats too
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  6. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    If you are trying to save then I say no don't keep it unless maybe you can use the base vet like Trey said.
  7. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom
    What base is your fiance at? We get the cats shots and exams and all that at the base here and it's free for exams and 10 bucks for shots, as well as free or low cost neutering referrals. I would see if there is a vet on base that you can have him take it to! Regardless, I still say keep it!
    That's great to know! but I'm no where near a base. fiance is deployed out of norfolk base.
  8. missinglkd
    i would say keep it only if you can use the base vet.
  9. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    I think if you need to save money then you should find another home for her. I know it's tough, I'm a cat lady so I would have a very difficult time doing it. But you gotta do what you gotta do honey. Good luck with your decision

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  10. Senior Member
    I remember hearing something about the humane society helping out people that find stays and want to keep them. I would maybe give them a call and see if they do any kind of checkups or assistance since you found this stray and want to keep it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast