Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to kill her

1. Banned
    Banned

I'm going to kill her

Advertisements
    Seriously....I have done everything I was supposed to do to potty train my dog. She will do good for a few weeks and then just completely not care the next week and shit right in front of me. She was even worse today because it's raining and she doesn't like to walk on the wet grass.

She ripped a huge hole in our couch when I was in the room with her.

What am I going to do with her after I move? She can't do this kind of stuff in someone else's house.
    Last edited by Amberly; 03-17-2009 at 08:21 AM.
  2. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    :[ What kind of dog is she?
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    :[ What kind of dog is she?
    Mini Schnauzer/Lab mix
    Banned
    Have you tried taking her to a training class?
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A*Rangers*Faith View Post
    Have you tried taking her to a training class?
    I really don't have the cash to spend on that right now. Especially since they basically just tell you what to do at home which I have been doing at least according to every doggie guide.
  6. Senior Member
    How old is she?
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  7. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    The only thing I can tell you is to keep trying. Make sure that you're consistent. My dog only gets food in the morning, and at around 5 PM. So, generally, she poops on a schedule because she eats on a schedule, KWIM? She poops in the morning, and at night.

Give her potty treats if she potties outside. I know some people say don't spank your dogs... but I always have. They're fine. If she potties inside she gets her nose in the potty, a swat on the butt, and put in her "time out" spot. Which, in this apartment, is my DHs closet because it's dark and away from everyone. NEVER put her in her kennel as punishment.

Everytime you are going to take her outside, tell her "Lets go outside and go potty __name__" I've always done that, and now if I ask my dog "Molly do you need to go outside and go potty?" she gets excited and goes to the door if she has to, and if she doesn't she just looks at me like I'm retarded, lol.

Make sure she has plenty of things to keep her busy so that she doesn't go off and chew on other things. My dog loves stuffed animals with squeekers in them... and yeah it's a pain to clean up all of the cotton when she destroys it, but i'd rather have her destroy her own toys then something else, KWIM? She KNOWS that things that squeek are hers. Those are acceptable to play with. If it doesn't squeek, she can't have it.

Same thing with the time out if she chews on something bad. Show it to her, say "bad __name__" bop her on the nose (because she uses her mouth to chew on it) not to hard... just enough so she understands it's not good. Then put her in her timeout spot.

I hope she starts getting better again.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleysquared View Post
    How old is she?
    She is still in the puppy stage. 6 months. The thing that bugs the hell out of me though is she was better at about 4 months.

The other day when Mike was here with her he went to the bathroom while she was eating dinner. He came out and she had right on the couch (different one then the one she tore up of course.) In the span of a pee even though he'd just taken her out less than 15 minutes ago.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberly View Post
    She is still in the puppy stage. 6 months. The thing that bugs the hell out of me though is she was better at about 4 months.

The other day when Mike was here with her he went to the bathroom while she was eating dinner. He came out and she had right on the couch (different one then the one she tore up of course.) In the span of a pee even though he'd just taken her out less than 15 minutes ago.
    My dog was like that then too. She'd act so good sometimes, so I'd trust her, then she'd pee in front of me. I just kept up with consistency, cleaned the spots really well, took water away at 7 pm, and she snapped into it about 2 months ago.
    I'll feed her twice a day, take her out right after, wait another 10-15 min. and take her back out. If I see her water bowl is empty I'll take her out.
    I still crate her if I'm taking a shower or leaving the house though.
    =
    HE'S HOME!
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynee88 View Post
    The only thing I can tell you is to keep trying. Make sure that you're consistent. My dog only gets food in the morning, and at around 5 PM. So, generally, she poops on a schedule because she eats on a schedule, KWIM? She poops in the morning, and at night.

Give her potty treats if she potties outside. I know some people say don't spank your dogs... but I always have. They're fine. If she potties inside she gets her nose in the potty, a swat on the butt, and put in her "time out" spot. Which, in this apartment, is my DHs closet because it's dark and away from everyone. NEVER put her in her kennel as punishment.

Everytime you are going to take her outside, tell her "Lets go outside and go potty __name__" I've always done that, and now if I ask my dog "Molly do you need to go outside and go potty?" she gets excited and goes to the door if she has to, and if she doesn't she just looks at me like I'm retarded, lol.

Make sure she has plenty of things to keep her busy so that she doesn't go off and chew on other things. My dog loves stuffed animals with squeekers in them... and yeah it's a pain to clean up all of the cotton when she destroys it, but i'd rather have her destroy her own toys then something else, KWIM? She KNOWS that things that squeek are hers. Those are acceptable to play with. If it doesn't squeek, she can't have it.

Same thing with the time out if she chews on something bad. Show it to her, say "bad __name__" bop her on the nose (because she uses her mouth to chew on it) not to hard... just enough so she understands it's not good. Then put her in her timeout spot.
    I hope she starts getting better again.
    Yeah I do that. She eats at 7 sometimes 6:30 depending on when I go to work and 5 or 5:30 depending on when I get home.

I do all that stuff you mentioned. It doesn't help. Seriously I think she is doing it to be intentionally defiant. Her chew toy was right next to her when she did that to the couch. I actually thought she was chewing on it which is why I didn't notice until it was a big hole.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast