Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: reverting...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

reverting...

Advertisements
    i guess the best i can describe it is buddy's reverting back to puppy stages. chewing on stuff and pottying in the house. a lot.

the thing is, he doesn't chew on stuff when we're around. we only find the remains.

i got up at 10 today. took him outside, he pooped and peed. just now, only an hour later, he pooped in the living room. right in front of us. he didn't give us any sign he needed to go potty. he didn't even run off to another room (which he's been doing too)

i just don't know what to do with him. i mean, i know we need to just start all over with potty training (at age 7 almost 8, ugh) it's just really frustrating.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  2. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Maybe he's needing more attention.
  3. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Do you take him out on walks? Seems like he needs to get out more, get rid of some energy ya know? He may just be trying to get your attention too.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    he had been on kennel rest most of jan. and feb. and we've been a little hesitant to take him anywhere cause we're scared he'll screw up his back again. the day before he went into kennel rest, i had taken him on a walk and he was just fine, but that night, he started to lose control of his back legs thus making me scared to do much with him.

he was in the kennel for 6 weeks. he's been out for about 4 weeks now. i did take him on a walk this morning for the first time since he started his kennel rest though. just me and him. i didn't take gwen. i hope that helps a little. a little one on one time with mommy. i'm gonna try to do it more since he is getting better. in about a week or so i'll be taking him back to doggy day care too. so i think i'm covering the attention thing. at least now i am.

other immediate solutions include me blocking off access to the hallway, and once we get another gate of sorts, blocking off the kitchen. and i also got him a belly band to prevent him from going potty. i just can't get over that he pooped right in the living room with us there.

BTW i did call the vet to see if maybe i should bring in a stool sample, or if there might be something wrong with him. they talked to me for a while and said it's more than likely a behavioral problem at this point. and to see how it goes. if it gets worse, i.e. more frequent or having blood in his urine or poo, then call them back to have him looked at.

sorry that got so long. lol

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones