Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Urgent Care

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Urgent Care

Advertisements
    I just woke up and found three piles of puppy . When she saw me she got all excited start snorting and again.
    We gave her heartworm medication for the first time today, so I'd guess it has something to do with that.

My question is, should I take her to an urgent care center or just see how she's doing in the morning? I'm so new to all of this I don't know what to do.
  2. Senior Member
    Pup girl caught a "24 hour bug" the other week... she threw up a couple of times, her nose was warm... so she spent a lot of time outside to eat grass, etc, and the next morning, she woke up fine.

Please keep a close eye on her, and if she starts to become very lathargic, throwing up all of the time, etc, then please, take her in immediately.

If not, call the Vet tomorrow morning and have her in for a check up if she's still throwing up. Could be the meds, could be something she managed to eat.

and I hope the little one starts to feel better!
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    It might just be coincidence that she threw up the day you started the medication. I think my reaction to that would depending on how fast it took her to throw up 4 times, and what the throw up looked like (regular, or what.) Just keep and eye out and see what happens.

be cool.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    It might just be coincidence that she threw up the day you started the medication. I think my reaction to that would depending on how fast it took her to throw up 4 times, and what the throw up looked like (regular, or what.) Just keep and eye out and see what happens.
    I'm not sure when she got sick since we were asleep. I called urgent care while I was posting, they thought it was just a coincidence too since the dosage in heartworm meds are so low.

I guess I'll just be staying up all night to make sure she's ok I'll take her in if she starts acting weird.

Thanks for responding so quickly ladies, I was sort of panicked waking up to all that.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hey,

How is she? maybe she caught a bug at the dog park or something?
  6. Senior Member
    How did she do last night? Is she still puking? Any diarrhea?
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinagirll View Post
    Hey,

How is she? maybe she caught a bug at the dog park or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    How did she do last night? Is she still puking? Any diarrhea?
    I stayed up most of the night, to make sure she was ok. She hasn't gotten sick since. Pooping normally too She must have got a bug or something. She's completely fine today. Wants to play, and keeps begging for treats... like normal.

That was weird. Definitely my first "parent" experience. I was pretty much panicked for a while there.
    Thanks for checking, and for calming me down last night!
  8. Senior Member
    Glad she is fine. She could have eaten a bug or something too that did not agree with her outside.
  9. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    I stayed up most of the night, to make sure she was ok. She hasn't gotten sick since. Pooping normally too She must have got a bug or something. She's completely fine today. Wants to play, and keeps begging for treats... like normal.

That was weird. Definitely my first "parent" experience. I was pretty much panicked for a while there.
    Thanks for checking, and for calming me down last night!
    Aww, you'll be a great puppy mommy! I remember when I got my first kitten I was calling my friend over EVERY little thing. Pumpkin was 6 weeks old, he'd run and play and then just fall down and sleep...apparently it's normal for kittens to sleep a lot hehe