Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This might get sad

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Sad This might get sad

Advertisements
    So I "harbored" stray cats - I gave them food I was horrible about it, too ... Now, since a stray had kittens and then abandoned them in the carport last year I stopped caring for them quite so much but I still don't have the heart to call the pound to come and take them. . . so I toss all uneaten meats into the woods an they eat that ... and live mostly wild. No names and they aren't domesticated or tame in the least.

As a side-effect of my bleeding heart for these critters - I have a bunch all over the place.

Well, today I came home from picking the kids up at school and saw a trail of blood in the carport. I tracked down on the of the cats in the woods with huge gashes on his legs and side.

He's limping, almost dead, but up in a tree the poor thing needs to be put down but I think he's made it pretty much impossible for me to get to him and take him in

So - if I can't get to him in a hurry to at least humanely put him down the poor thing is going to die miserable - up in a damn tree.

Stupid cats and their stupid nature. they always run away when they need you the most.
  2. Banned
    Banned

Poor putty-tat
    Have you looked into whether or not there are any programs for dealing with feral cats in your area? Many offer catch/release spay/neuter services to at least try and curb the population without trying to home a non-pet mentality animal. They may also be able to offer some help with the wounded kitty's plight.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    poor lil guy that breaks my heart!
  4. baller
    baller
    kitty
  5. Senior Member
    Poor kitty. Check with your Animal Control agency, let them know that there is a severly wounded cat in the trees and they should come get him.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    Poor kitty. Check with your Animal Control agency, let them know that there is a severly wounded cat in the trees and they should come get him.
    - even if they end up euthanizing him, it will be a better passing than what he will have otherwise, and they are equipped for that sort of retrieval.
  7. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I just called animal control and they'll actually come and get him. If he was on the ground I'd cage him ... but I think he's already gone he's laying in between two branches way up in the tree - completely motionless.

Every time something happens (this is the 4th stray this last year for us to put down/have taken away) ... I start to debate about having them all caught and taken away or something I can never bring myself to do it, though. But having them around just encourages them to multiply and even fi i stopped feeding them they wouldn't go away - I've actually tried that and they just would come to the door and cry cry cry until I feed them

I've started something bad, I know, and I don't have the strength to keep it up or end it.

them coming to the door to cry for food is why I started feeding them over the fence out in the back of the yard - but, still, if they're REALLY hungry and can't catch food they'll wake us up at 1:00 am. If they were 100% wild it'd be fine - they'd just be "Woodcats"
  8. Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Forget the Past. Forget the Pain.
    Blog Entries
    Poor Kitty I hope you find a program that can help you with the strays. I think it's sweet of you to take care of them though.
    MSOS Wifeys
    miraluu, I <3 ACK, SFgirlfriend, cjacob1120, onered911, Tayreeh Baykur

If you see me posting...ask me if I've done my homework today
  9. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥

10. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    That is just absolutely heart breaking. I would call Animal Control.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast