Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit your barkin' lady!

1. Senior Member

Quit your barkin' lady!

Advertisements
    It just shows how quickly your day can go from great to totally shitty...I had just finished playing with my furbaby and put him outside ('cause he barked at the door, which is his tell that he needs to go out) and talking to DH on the phone from Iraq...SO, I hear the barking again from outside and head out (he needs back in the house...No prob. On the way in, I'm stopped by the obnoxious tone of the neighbor that I NEVER see...She wanted to "tell me to my face that 'she worked hard all day and paid high taxes and WAS NOT going to listen to that'". First of all, I said, "I'm bringing him in..." very politely...She just kept going on about how she was "telling me to my face..." and "just letting me know..." WHATEVER...I WILL NOT apologize for house training Huxley...It's only 7 PM...He barked TWICE! You're INSANE! He's barked before...Why TODAY is it an issue? Seriously? Whatever lady...

I mean, am I wrong? Should I train him out of barking to go in/out? It's not like he barks non-stop it's a two or three bark signal. Just to tell me in case I don't see him sitting at the door around the counter if I'm not standing over him. Am I insane?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by OneIllWife View Post
    It just shows how quickly your day can go from great to totally shitty...I had just finished playing with my furbaby and put him outside ('cause he barked at the door, which is his tell that he needs to go out) and talking to DH on the phone from Iraq...SO, I hear the barking again from outside and head out (he needs back in the house...No prob. On the way in, I'm stopped by the obnoxious tone of the neighbor that I NEVER see...She wanted to "tell me to my face that 'she worked hard all day and paid high taxes and WAS NOT going to listen to that'". First of all, I said, "I'm bringing him in..." very politely...She just kept going on about how she was "telling me to my face..." and "just letting me know..." WHATEVER...I WILL NOT apologize for house training Huxley...It's only 7 PM...He barked TWICE! You're INSANE! He's barked before...Why TODAY is it an issue? Seriously? Whatever lady...

I mean, am I wrong? Should I train him out of barking to go in/out? It's not like he barks non-stop it's a two or three bark signal. Just to tell me in case I don't see him sitting at the door around the counter if I'm not standing over him. Am I insane?
    I don't think your wrong for that at all, she probably just had a horrible day herself and she decided to take it out on your dog's barking.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgrl982 View Post
    I don't think your wrong for that at all, she probably just had a horrible day herself and she decided to take it out on your dog's barking.
    I mean, I'm all freakin' out now 'cause I DO have to leave him alone for an hour or two here or there (which truth be told I've always been told is healthier for him anyway...Dogs justlike people need alone time...) And if he barks AT ALL for ANY REASON they're gonna call animal control and I'll come home to my house broken into and my dog confiscated. OK...I know that's a bit of an overreaction, but you know what I mean? They're like that.

I feel bad for the little guy all curled up at my feet right now, all sweet. He's not a barker...I've NEVER heard a complaint...And he can't go out to do his business UGH! Sorry...I know...I worry too much...
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Dogs bark... that's what they do. Tell her to get over it. It's not he was out there for a long time barking.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I mean, I'm all freakin' out now 'cause I DO have to leave him alone for an hour or two here or there (which truth be told I've always been told is healthier for him anyway...Dogs justlike people need alone time...) And if he barks AT ALL for ANY REASON they're gonna call animal control and I'll come home to my house broken into and my dog confiscated. OK...I know that's a bit of an overreaction, but you know what I mean? They're like that.

I feel bad for the little guy all curled up at my feet right now, all sweet. He's not a barker...I've NEVER heard a complaint...And he can't go out to do his business UGH! Sorry...I know...I worry too much...

Your neighbor seems to be a little extreme and totally over reacting. We live in an apt and our dog barks so much when we leave and we luckily never get complaints from our neighbors. I feel so bad for the people who live above us too She has no right to call animal control, your dog has not harmed anyone. Barking is not illegal! I'm sorry you have a grumpy neighbor
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgrl982 View Post
    Your neighbor seems to be a little extreme and totally over reacting. We live in an apt and our dog barks so much when we leave and we luckily never get complaints from our neighbors. I feel so bad for the people who live above us too She has no right to call animal control, your dog has not harmed anyone. Barking is not illegal! I'm sorry you have a grumpy neighbor
    Thanks...I think we'll honestly. She was just so darn nasty and I love the little guy so much...It caught me off guard. We're gonna go to Training Class tomorrow and he's gonna have a little bit of alone time in the afternoon. He's usually fine and I get no complaints. So, we'll see how that goes. I appreciate you're kind words.
  7. Love Me, Love My Dog
    Love Me, Love My Dog
    Blog Entries

your neighbor sounds for sure! I'm sure she had a bad day but I have 4 dogs and they will ALL bark and we never get complaints from neighbors but the one that does nuisance barking which is barking at anything and everything even if there isn't anything there, we fixed with a bark collar because we were never ALWAYS there to correct the issue, if your dog is only barking to come in and let out then I would not have been so nice and told my neighbor to shove it, but like I said I'm not nice!
    oh and animal control cannot just come and take your dog

I got wifeys
    SOS WIFEY TO SNARPHBLAT, CHELS, SAMANTHA, & SOS MISTRESS TO SAMSET

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinBcute View Post
    your neighbor sounds for sure! I'm sure she had a bad day but I have 4 dogs and they will ALL bark and we never get complaints from neighbors but the one that does nuisance barking which is barking at anything and everything even if there isn't anything there, we fixed with a bark collar because we were never ALWAYS there to correct the issue, if your dog is only barking to come in and let out then I would not have been so nice and told my neighbor to shove it, but like I said I'm not nice!
    oh and animal control cannot just come and take your dog
    I know they can't just come and take him...I was just upset that she was being so crazy. thanks for backing me up. I knew I could count on the peeps here to tell me if I was just being crazy or to back me up if I was right. I appreciate it.
  9. Senior Member
    just ignore it. I'm impressed with anyone who's house trained animals! it's hard to do especially when they're *LITTLE*. Congrats on that! I'd put sh*t on her doorstep...but that's just me
    she can get over herself haha

Siggy by AshMark's
    Mr. & Mrs. since August 20, 2010 He's home! Finally Together
  10. Senior Member
    [QUOTE=INDPNDNTwomn05;4581668]just ignore it. I'm impressed with anyone who's house trained animals! it's hard to do especially when they're *LITTLE*. Congrats on that! I'd put sh*t on her doorstep...but that's just me
    she can get over herself haha[/QUOT]

Why didn't I think of that... And light it on fire so she has to step on it! No, I'm not gonna even dignify her ravings with responses. Like you said, she can just get it (or get under it...I don't care either way). I'm done with her issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast