Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Vets out there (Cat)

1. Banned
    Banned

Any Vets out there (Cat)

Advertisements
    So I have a 4 yr old cat who has a lump on his rib cage its soft and does not seem to bother him any. Its the size of about a half dollar coin. He has had it looked at from the vet a couple months ago and they did not see any problems saying it felt like a cyst and would either go away on its own or if not they could take a sample and see what was up. Well I don't remember actually pulling the hairs away (long hair cat) to look at it directly but today it caught my attention because he is a light gray color and I seen blue. I pulled the hairs away from the lump and it was bright ass blue.

Like I said he doesn't even seem to have any issues, you can pet him, scratch his belly and he is very playful, eats and potties just fine. I am going to call the vet tomorrow but I'm wondering why it would be blue...why now when he has had this for almost a yr with no changes now it changed to a bright blue, its like the color of your main big veins in your arm under the skin, kinda bright and very distinct.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be or why it changed to blue?
  2. Senior Member
    No idea, but you can pm, USCGboxermom or RC and they will know You can find their names in the pet pad forum

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm not a vet but I'm an undergrad to become one. Sounds like to me that he has what is called a tumor.
    There are two types of tumors. A cancerous tumor and a fatty tumor. Cancerous tumors they will have to remove asap so it doesn't spread to other areas of the body especially the major organs.
    The fatty tumor wont do any harm to him. It might enlarge the older he gets but its completely normal. Most cats and dogs when they reach a certian age they are guranteed to have fatty tumors somewhere on their body. Regardless if they are visiable or not.

I would recomend taking him to the vet. They will want to do a sample of the tumor and send it to the lab. All they will do is take a needle, poke it into the location and try to suck up any liquid they can from that little area in the tumor. They will then put it on a slide and they can either test it at their clinic if they have the proper stuff or send it to a lab. My old hospital that I worked at we could test it ourselves.

Anyways, I hope this help and let me know if you have any more questions .
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Ya I just noticed the blueness tonight, I am going to call the vet in the morning as soon as they open up. I def. will get him in, my cats all 3 of them are like kids to me.

Thanks all
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    how old is he??
  6. Banned
    Banned
    He is about 4 yrs old, my daughter found him as a kitten of about 2 months or so and brought him home. He is fixed, has all his shots every yr and appears to be healthy otherwise.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yeah I would be more prone to thinking its a fatty tumor. I wouldn't get too worried about it just yet until the vet looks at it and says otherwise but he/she will say the same thing I did and wont know for sure until after the lab results.

Good luck
  8. A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    A Pretty Poison Flower...bringing you the sweetest juice.
    Me: Norfolk Him: Norfolk now, Afghanistan soon.
    Blog Entries
    The blue color worries me. If it were normal skin color I'd think it were just a fatty lipoma. The coloring makes me think it's possibly something more malignant. Keep us posted on what your vet tells you?
    Wifey to nstarsweetie and missmaaaine, pog to miraluu, and TayreehBaykur is my Mistress! Mrow! !
  9. Banned
    Banned
    ok thank you all and sorry this is in this forums I just found the pet one blah!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRed911 View Post
    The blue color worries me. If it were normal skin color I'd think it were just a fatty lipoma. The coloring makes me think it's possibly something more malignant. Keep us posted on what your vet tells you?
    Possibly but I've seen dogs that have the same color to their tumors and they are nothing but fatty ones. I seen one dog that was covered in them and it broke my heart. He also had cancerous ones and the owners wouldn't treat him so they had us put him on meds until he got so weak they had us put him down. It was horrible to watch when he was only 6 yrs old .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast