Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Groomers

1. Senior Member

Groomers

Advertisements
    I have a question for you. I have had 3 different groomers for Lucky, and all 3 have told me that they get dogs with horrible flea problems. My question is this, how do you prevent the fleas from getting to the next dog? If they don't all die off the dog you are grooming, how do they not jump onto the next dog on the table or tub? I don't really worry about it with Lucky since he is on flea meds, but I worry about him bringing them home to the cats. The kitten is on flea meds, but I have been super careful with putting Olive back on anything since his last surgery. I am worried that Lucky might bring home some fleas to Olive

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    our dogs with fleas get put in the tub immediately to soak in flea shampoo. pretty much as soon as they're through the door, the go into the tub. if by chance they make it into a kennel for any amount of time before the tub, after their bath, they get a new nap pad in case there were any hiding on the previous one they had.

we've never had a complaint about dogs who don't normally have fleas bringing fleas home from the salon.

have you tried the Brewer's Yeast for any of the animals? it's worked great for mine. i know i've brought home fleas last summer. and last summer i only found 4 fleas between the two dogs all summer. it's a lot cheaper than the front line stuff too. and it it doesn't work, you're only out like, $10 at most rather than the $40 or so it costs for frontline.

If you save one dog you won't change the world--but surely the world will change for that one dog.
    "Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog." -Franklin P. Jones
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would ask the groomer...I would hope they keep those dogs away from the "non flea dogs"...

It would not be could for the business to send your dog home with fleas ya know
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketswife View Post
    our dogs with fleas get put in the tub immediately to soak in flea shampoo. pretty much as soon as they're through the door, the go into the tub. if by chance they make it into a kennel for any amount of time before the tub, after their bath, they get a new nap pad in case there were any hiding on the previous one they had.

we've never had a complaint about dogs who don't normally have fleas bringing fleas home from the salon.

have you tried the Brewer's Yeast for any of the animals? it's worked great for mine. i know i've brought home fleas last summer. and last summer i only found 4 fleas between the two dogs all summer. it's a lot cheaper than the front line stuff too. and it it doesn't work, you're only out like, $10 at most rather than the $40 or so it costs for frontline.
    I was hoping you would answer
    Yep, I have Lucky on Brewers Yeast w/ Garlic. But, I had him on it a while ago, and he still got fleas. But, he had only been on it a few weeks, so maybe that is why?

5. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    if we got a flea dog, they got washed with flea shampoo or sprayed ASAP! or if they got through unnoticced, until they were later getting started on, every kennel and table gets cleaned between dogs. we never had any complaints about it though.